Storytime Engagement for Focus-Challenged Children
- Narrative Intervention: A School-Based Counseling Strategy for Students With Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. Kamali, Khosrow; Yoosefi Looyeh, Majid // Intervention in School & Clinic;May2013, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p307
This article describes a group narrative intervention for improving the behavior of 8- to 11-year-old children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder at home and school.
- Evaluation and management of attention-deficit hyperactivity... Taylor, Michael A. // American Family Physician;2/15/1997, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p887
Reports that attention-deficit hyperactivity is the most common pediatric psychiatric disorder in the United States, affecting one of every 20 children. Symptoms of the disorder; What the diagnosis of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder requires; Results of effective treatment of this...
- The social functioning of children with ADD with hyperactivity and ADD without hyperactivity: A... Wheeler, Jennifer; Carlson, Caryn L. // Journal of Emotional & Behavioral Disorders;Jan1994, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p2
Studies the social functioning of children with attention-deficit disorder (ADD) with hyperactivity (ADHD) and ADD without hyperactivity. Development of the diagnostic category of ADHD; Effects on self; Effects on others; Effects on outcome; Social skills deficit versus performance deficits;...
- Reviews of professional periodicals. Van Wormer, Katherine // Federal Probation;Dec90, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p102
Reviews the article titled `School-and-Family-based Treatment of Children with Attention-deficit Hyperactivity Disorder,' by Kaye H. Coker and Bruce A. Thyer, published in the May 1990 issue of `Families in Society.'
- ADHD-related behavior among non-referred children: Parent's ratings of DSM-III-R symptoms. Kanbayashi, Yasuko; Nakata, Yojiro // Child Psychiatry & Human Development;Fall94, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p13
Identifies the prevalence of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) among non-referred children. Determination of prevalence according to age or gender; Parents' ratings based on DSM-III-R criteria; ADHD from 1022 metropolitan children aged 4 to 12; Factor analysis results.
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder part 1: Is anyone paying attention. Pellman, Harry // Pediatrics for Parents;1995, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p4
Discusses the efforts made by physicians to identify and manage Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in children. Related terms; Causes; Manifestations; Relationship problem; Theory; Effect of television.
- Hyperactivity. Tice, Terrence N. // Education Digest;Oct95, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p49
Features an article taken from the April 1995 `Elementary Guidance & Counseling' on the incidence of attention-deficit disorder among school-age population. Comparison of incidence of disease among girls and boys.
- Behavioral subtypes of attention deficit disorder. Dykman, Roscoe A. // Exceptional Children;Oct/Nov93, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p132
Investigates the three behavioral subtypes of attention deficit disorder (ADD). Review of studies on ADD; Characteristics of children with ADD without hyperactivity, with hyperactivity and with hyperactivity and aggression (ADDHA); Measurement of learning disabilities; Results of studies on...
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder part 2: There is hope. Diagnosis & treatment. Pellman, Harry // Pediatrics for Parents;1995, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p4
Part 2. Examines attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children. Diagnosis; Reason for testing learning ability of the child; Importance of a behavior management plan; Necessity of psychologic help; Availability of parent support groups; Availability of medication; Side effects;...