Georgia Revenues Falling, and Talk of Tax Hikes Grows
- Summoning the economic tide. Lightsey, Ed // Georgia Trend;Dec99, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p70
Examines the economic conditions in southwest Georgia as of December 1999. Lack of factories, restaurants, hospitals, office buildings and motels in the area; Education needs of the area; Decline of agriculture in Clay County; Initiatives made by several political figures to address the needs...
- Marine Machine. Costello, Jan // Georgia Trend;Jan2002, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p95
Focuses on the economic contributions of the ports of Savannah and Brunswick in Georgia. Identification of Savannah as one of the top ten container ports in the United States; Number of people earning a living from port-generated activities; Growth in the amount of cargo handled at the two ports.
- Recovery Room. Percy, Susan // Georgia Trend;Apr2002, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p37
Introduces a series of articles which appeared in the April 2002 issue of 'Georgia Trend,' magazine.
- GWCC: Two Billion And Change. Humphreys, Jeff // Georgia Trend;May2002, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p93
Reports the state of economy in Georgia. Promotion of economic development; Popularity of trade shows; Income generated from the World Congress Center.
- Georgia. // Georgia Country Monitor;Jun2001, pN.PAG
Presents analyses, statistics and forecasts on the economy of Georgia as of June 2001.
- Georgia. // Georgia Country Monitor;Oct2001, pN.PAG
Presents analyses, statistics and forecasts on the economy of Georgia as of October 2001. Includes information on gross domestic product (GDP), real GDP, consumer prices, foreign trade, official exchange rate, etc. Also provides import and export statistics, as well as the names of important...
- Introduction & Methodology. // Georgia Country Monitor;Dec2001, p1
Presents Analyses, Statistics, and Forecasts on the Economy of Georgia as of December 2001. Includes information on Gross Domestic Product (GDP), Real GDP, Consumer Prices, Foreign Trade, Official Exchange Rate, etc. Also provides Import and Export Statistics as well as the names of important...
- Correction. // Bond Buyer;7/23/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32676, p2
A correction to the article about Georgia's fiscal 2007 revenues is presented.
- From Textiles To High Tech. Young, Ben // Georgia Trend;Dec2002, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p41
Reports on the research by Haralson Development Authority (HAD) director Joan Young on the development of Haralson County in West Georgia and its shift from textiles manufacturing to high technology. Development of internet service in Haralson County; Recruiting industry in the region; Efforts...