Florida Water Services Authority Sees Deal as Not 'Cancelled Out'
- Florida Water Must Wait for PSC Approval. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31589, p1
Focuses on a multi-million dollar bond issue by the Florida Water Services Authority that was delayed due to a court injunction to the state Public Service Commission (PSC) regarding the sale of Florida Water Services Corp. Purpose behind the sale of bonds; Customers who will be affected by the...
- Judge's Ruling Bad News for Foes of Florida Water Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/12/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31572, p3
Reports that a circuit judge in Santa Rosa County, Florida ruled as of February 11, 2003 that the court did not have jurisdiction to hear a legal challenge concerning the decision of the Florida Water Services Authority to buy a private utility with revenue bonds. Details of the court ruling;...
- Florida Water Deal Still on Hold; Judge Sees Final Ruling by Friday. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31584, p1
Reports on the dispute regarding the sale of Florida Water Services Corp. Grant of temporary injunction on the issue by a circuit judge in Tallahassee, Florida; Plans of Florida Water Services Authority to market $527.8 million of revenue bonds; Opinions about the decision of temporary injunction.
- Florida Water Authority to Set Rates, Paving Way for Bonds. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31550, p36
Reports that the Florida Water Services Authority will set the water and wastewater rates to back the issuance of multi-million dollars of revenue bonds as of January 2003. Company that will purchase most of the bonds; Number of utility systems owned by the authority; Possible closing date of...
- Florida Water Services Picking Up $5M Tab for Deal's Expenses. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31583, p3
Reports on the plans of Florida Water Services Authority to issue about $510 million of revenue bonds to finance the purchase of 156 water and wastewater systems in Florida. Requirements to complete the deal; Ratings of the bonds assigned by credit rating companies Moody's Investors Service...
- Is the Florida Water Services Case a Muni Enron? Lissack, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/19/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31575, p6
Presents an opinion on formation of Florida Water Service Inc. by Allete Inc. to earn undue profits. Number of utility customers exploited by Florida Water Service Inc.; Charges against Florida Water Services; Alternative proposal to resolve the issue of Florida Water Services.
- Florida Agency to Issue New Offer for 158 Utilities Around State. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/28/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31459, p3
Reports the revision of the price for the water and wastewater assets of Florida Water Service Corp. by the Florida Governmental Utility Authority. Details on the counteroffer for the purchase of Florida water; Controversy on the utility price negotiated by the agency; Indication on the...
- FLORIDA: Water Suit. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/24/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31498, p31
Reports on a suit filed by officials of Hernando County, Florida to stop the sale of Florida Water Services Corp.'s water and sewer plants to the Florida Water Services Authority (FWSA). Grounds for the claims; Reasons for wanting to stop the sale; Plan of FWSA to issue revenue bonds by the end...
- Florida Water Services Corp. Suit Alleges Citrus County Hindering Asset Sale. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/25/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31520, p4
Reports on filing of lawsuit in federal court by Florida Water Services Corp. against Florida county. Objective of the lawsuit; Consideration of federal lawsuit using antitrust laws.