Maryland Governor's Latest Slot Plan Would Restrict Local Governments
- Maryland Lawmakers Muddle Through Budget Talks Without Key Slot Plan. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;2/26/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31581, p6
Reports on the major focus of Maryland's proposed budget prepared by governor Robert L. Ehrlich Jr. Proposal for inclusion of revenue from slot machines; Amount of money involved in the proposed budget.
- Latino America. Chavez Munoz, Ricki // Casino International;Nov2013, p12
An introduction to a series of articles associated to the gaming industry is presented which include the presidential decree that bans slot machines across the country, SAGSE Latin AmÃ©rica in Buenos Aires and the Brasilian Gaming Congress from November 18-20.
- Slot machine ban in pubs boosts business at casinos. // Hungary A.M.;03/25/2013, p3
The article informs that a ban on slot machines in pubs introduced in October 2012 in Hungary has increased visitor numbers and revenue of casinos as of March 2013 where the machines are allowed.
- New slots on the way. DiMeo, Sam // Caribbean Business;6/27/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p4
Reports on the plan of the Puerto Rican government to purchase 1,600 slot machines to replace old ones. Tourism Co. executive director Luis Fortuno's announcement on the government's request for bids; Move as a response to concerns on old machines' contribution to declines in the island's...
- River of Dreams. Useem, Jerry // Fortune;10/2/2000, Vol. 142 Issue 7, p226
Focuses on the Two Rivers Resort & Casino in Washington run by the Spokane indians. Location of the resort which makes it difficult for people to come; Plans of the Kalispel tribe to build a casino between Two Rivers and the city of Spokane which could reduce business; Legal problems of the...
- Gaming ruling leaves key issue unresolved. Wells, Ken R. // San Diego Business Journal;8/21/95, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p4
Reports on the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals' refusal to grant a rehearing of the `Rumsey Rancheria v. Wilson' case asserting that California is not required to negotiate with Native Americans over slot machines. Request by three local Native American bands operating gambling casinos in East...
- Whopping 75% of island residents reject idea of slot machines in public places. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;10/15/2009, Vol. 37 Issue 41, p2
The article reports on the results of the "Caribbean Business" opinion poll by Gaither International Inc.on the legalization of slot machines outside casinos in Puerto Rico. According to the data gathered, majority of the respondents disagreed with the government's plan to legalize the operation...
- Latino America. Munoz, Ricki Chavez // Casino International;May2013, p10
The article offers information related to gaming industry in Latin America. It mentions that the FADJA conference in Peru will be held in Lima at the end of May 2013. It states that government officials in Chile are planning to regulate the operations of slot machines outside casinos in the...
- QUEENSLAND OFFICE OF LIQUOR AND GAMING REGULATION. SARQUIS, MIKE // Australian Hotelier;Feb2014, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p42
In this article, the author discusses the changes in the rules of gaming by the Queensland Office of Gaming Regulation. Topics discussed include changes affecting liquor licenses for nightclubs and bars in Queensland, no need of renewing gaming machine licences, and remitting unclaimed gaming...