Analysts: Credits Could Suffer If War With Iraq Lingers
- America Takes on Iraq. Leibstone, Marvin // Military Technology;Sep2002, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p8
Analyzes the possibility of a U.S. attack against Iraq. Key concerns of U.S. President George W. Bush's administration in considering a military attack; Challenges in deploying American forces; Iraq's capability to thwart an attack; Justification for an attack on Iraq. INSET: Weapons of Mass...
- War Fears In The Gulf. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/5/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p1
Discusses the economic consequences of a U.S. military attack against Iraq as of August 2002. Decline of the Kuwait Stock Exchange Index; Vital military prerequisites that need to be accomplished; Implications of the November 2002 mid-term U.S. congressional elections for the military campaign.
- US weighs military response to Iraq. Landay, Jonathan S. // Christian Science Monitor;11/13/97, Vol. 89 Issue 244, p4
Focuses on United States preparations, as of November 12, 1997, for a military response to the situation in Iraq, Continuation of diplomatic efforts by the United Nations (UN); Opposition of UN Security council members to any military action; The advantage gained by Saddam Hussein in the...
- Dealing with the dictator: What's next? Landay, Jonathan S. // Christian Science Monitor;3/5/98, Vol. 90 Issue 68, p1
Discusses the possibility of covert action by the United States to remove Saddam Hussein as president of Iraq. Reasons that the government has said that covert action will not work; The poor track record of covert actions aimed at removing leaders; What would be necessary for a successful...
- The Gathering Storm. // Middle East Monitor: East Med;Sep2002, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p1
Reports the likelihood of a U.S. military action against Iraq. Effects of border instability on Islamic groups in Egypt; Consensus concerning the exact timing of any attack; Evaluation of economic and political consequences resulting from the attack.
- Letter to the Congressional leaders on Iraq. Clinton, Bill // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;5/12/97, Vol. 33 Issue 19, p687
Presents the American President's May 8, 1997 letter to the House of Representative about the status of military operations in Iraq. Threat posed by Iraqi President Saddam Hussein to his people and the region; Enforcement of the northern and southern no-fly zones; Elimination of Iraq's weapons...
- Will The U.S. Go To War With Iraq? Smith, Steph // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;9/27/2002, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p4
Focuses on the debate about the military campaign of U.S. President George W. Bush against Iraq as of September 2002.
- Green Light on Iraq. // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;10/25/2002, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p3
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Congress to support U.S. President George W. Bush on the use of military force against Iraq.
- Clinton must define American objectives in Iraq. Kyl, Jon // Inside Tucson Business;9/23/96, Vol. 6 Issue 26, p5
Opinion. Discusses the political implications of the United States' military actions in northern Iraq. Operation Provide Comfort led by the US to protect the Kurds; Failure of the Bill Clinton administration to gain support from the allied coalition; Failure of diplomatic leadership.