Donaldson Doesn't See Need for Fund, Adviser SROs
- Donaldson's Goals: More Agency Efficiency, Corporate Ethics. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;3/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31584, p5
Reports on U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission chairman William H. Donaldson's priorities for the agency. Donaldson's internal and external goals for the agency; Analogy of military's strategy to illustrate the agency's ideal strategy; Need to properly utilize increased funding from the...
- William Donaldson Is New SEC Chair. Barlas, Stephen; Chamberlain, Jim; Randall, Bob; Verschoor, Curt; Williams, Kathy // Strategic Finance;Mar2003, Vol. 84 Issue 9, p17
The article announces that William Donaldson was appointed as chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- ICI: COMMENT PERIOD ESSENTIAL ASPECT OF NEW RULE PROCESS. // Securities Industry News;04/16/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p3
Comments on the requirements applicable to self-regulatory organization filings of proposed rule changes with the United States Securities & Exchange Commission. Rule changes governing securities trading rules; Rules eligible for immediate effectiveness; Public comment period.
- Senate on Verge of Approving Donaldson as SEC Chair. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/12/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31572, p4
Reports that the U.S. Senate is on the verge of confirming President George W. Bush's nominee, William H. Donaldson as Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) chairman as of February 2003. Profile of Donaldson; Person whom Donaldson would replace; Introduction of a bill legislators that would...
- Donaldson Set to Be Sworn in as SEC Chief. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/18/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31574, p6
Reports that William H. Donaldson is expected to be sworn in as the 27th chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in the week following February 18, 2003. Career background of Donaldson.
- SEC's Donaldson Has Many Investments, Few Tax-Exempt Bonds. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;4/22/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31619, p5
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission chairman William H. Donaldson and his wife hold relatively few municipal bonds, compared with their holdings in Treasury securities, stocks, real estate, partnerships, and other corporate investments, according to the financial disclosure report they...
- A Man for This Season. Cooper, Evan // On Wall Street;Jan2003, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p12
Considers whether William Donaldson is the right man to be the chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Chief reason the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush believes he is the right man for the job; Donaldson's achievements.
- Senate Panel Backs Donaldson for SEC . Blackwell, Rob // American Banker;2/12/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 29, p3
Reports that the U.S. Senate Banking Committee has approved the nomination of William Donaldson for the chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Expectations of Senators from Donaldson; Achievements of Donaldson.
- Roundtable dinosaurs defend their buddy boards. Miller, Paul B. W.; Bahnson, Paul R. // Accounting Today;11/24/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p14
Focuses on the selection process for corporate directors in the U.S. Scrutiny of the process by the press and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC); Call for the SEC to adopt rules that would provide security holders with greater access to the nomination process; Remarks from SEC...