Connecticut, Guarding Its Ratings, Plans 'Lean' Bonding Mainly for Education
- Quote of the week. Gizzi, John // Human Events;03/29/97, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p284
Presents a quotation from Connecticut Governor John Rowland comparing the stiffness of Republican presidential candidate Bob Dole and Vice President Al Gore.
- Connecticut's Rowland Calls for Bettering Education, Urban Centers. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;01/04/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31050, p4
Reports on the plan of Connecticut Governor John Rowland to use the state's budget surplus to support schools and urban renewal. Recession and self-defeating attitude in Connecticut; Praise given to the bipartisanship.
- Insurance And Financial Services Added To Connecticut 'Cluster' Program to Enhance Growth, Competitiveness. // Insurance Advocate;11/4/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 42, p22
Announces the formation of the Insurance and Financial Services industry cluster by governor John G. Rowland in Connecticut. Value given to the leadership within the insurance industry; Number of clusters formed in the state; Improvement in the competitiveness of business.
- After Long, Pitched Battle, Connecticut Settles on Budget. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;7/3/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31173, p4
Reports on the two-year budget signed by Connecticut Governor John Rowland. Estimated budget surplus by the end of fiscal 2001; Programs that the budget will create.
- Ex-Gov. Rowland Gets New Post in Connecticut. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;1/29/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32804, p5
The article announces that Connecticut Governor John G. Rowland was hired as economic development consultant for Waterbury, Connecticut.
- Conn. Gov. Rowland Vetoes Budget, Again. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;6/6/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31651, p2
Connecticut governor John Rowland issued his second veto of the budget on June 5, 2003, forcing lawmakers into special session to craft next year's budget before the close of the fiscal year. In addition, Rowland promoted his own $13.5 billion budget proposal, which was introduced in...
- Conn. Gov. Holds Court on Budget. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;6/19/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31660, p2
John Rowland, Governor of Connecticut, brought the budget home with him on June 18, 2003 as he invited legislative leaders to a meeting at the governor's mansion in Hartford. The legislature's Republican and Democratic leaders, as well as the heads of the appropriations and finance committees,...
- Connecticut Budget Talks Continue, But Fiscal 2004 May Arrive Too Soon. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;6/27/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31666, p41
Though the acrimony surrounding budget negotiations has eased somewhat between Democrats and Republicans in the Connecticut state government, officials have begun to realize that fiscal 2004 may begin before they can agree on an operating budget. While governor John Rowland and legislative...
- Conn. Governor: Let's Reappropriate Last Year's Surplus to Deal With Deficit. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;1/23/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31309, p27
Reports on the announcement made by Governor of Connecticut John G. Rowland regarding the increase in the state's budget deficit since December 2001. Plans of Rowland to utilize previous year's budget surplus; Spending cuts planned by Rowland to reduce the budget deficit; Issues concerning...