Chicago, United Airlines Fight Over Default and O'Hare Lease
- The Verzuiling puzzle: Understanding Dutch intergroup relations. Pettigrew, Thomas F.; Meertens, Roel W. // Current Psychology;Spring96, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p3
Reports that intergroup relations in the Netherlands present a challenge to social group theory. Use of a `verzuiling' system in the intergroup policy; Use of the Dutch intergroup systems as a model of intergroup harmony; Reputation of the Netherlands as one of the most tolerant societies in...
- A China divide in Hong Kong. // Asian Pacific Post;2/9/2012, p17
he article discusses the tension between the people of Hong Kong and mainland China.
- Corporate relationships--benefits and risks. Logemann, Jeri A. // ASHA;Feb94, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p3
Editorial. Discusses the risks and benefits of corporate relationships. Expansion of opportunities for the development of corporate relationships; Examples of corporate relationships; Risks of developing individual and group relationships with corporations.
- Members' changes in attitude toward cooperative and antagonistic leaders in a competitive... Lundgren, David C. // Psychological Reports;Feb98, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p254
Presents an experimental study of intergroup competition and examines the attitudes of participants to cooperative and antagonistic leaders. Information on techniques to reduce intergroup conflict; Details on the leaders in the study; Significance of the findings of the study.
- Reviews of professional periodicals. Siegel, Michael E. // Federal Probation;Dec98, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p121
Discusses the article titled `Toward an Ethic of Collaboration,' by Mark Haskins, Jeanne Liedtka and John Rosenbaum, which appeared in the Spring 1998 issue of `Organization Dynamics.' Active desire for relationship-centered behavior; Person-centered attributes; Organization-centered elements.
- The interface meeting: A tool for addressing intergroup conflict. Galves, Al // Supervision;Aug94, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p3
Discusses the Interface Meeting technique for addressing intergroup conflict arising from organizational changes. Principles of the Gestalt approach used in Interface Meeting; Design factors; Steps in Interface Meeting; Application of Interface Meeting at Niagara Mohawk Power Corporation.
- HOUGH ON...CLIENT CONFLICT. Hough, Nick // Campaign;08/11/2000, Issue 32, p27
Comments on the emergence of conflicts between clients of same advertising agency in Great Britain. Risks in handling competing clients; Perception of bias among clients; Role of advertising agencies as suppliers of advertising to clients; Pressure for exclusivity in client-agency contracts.
- Effect of group status on physical attractiveness preferences--from the Japanese case to a... Kowner, Rotem // Genetic, Social & General Psychology Monographs;May96, Vol. 122 Issue 2, p215
Examines the development of intergroup physical attractiveness preferences and the effect of national status on physical attractiveness judgments. Correlation of national status and physical attractiveness; Effect of national labels attached to persons on attractiveness ratings; Demonstration...
- Fighting the good fight. // Getting Results...For the Hands-on Manager: Office Edition;Jun96, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p7
Provides tips on how to turn the occasional workplace conflicts into a corporate team effort that makes the whole organization healthier and more peaceful. Knowing when and where to encourage and discourage competition; Recognizing a common goal; Insisting clarity from conflicting teams;...