Ethics and decision making in end stage lung disease
- Does Heliox Help in COPD Exacerbations? Luks, Andrew M. // Critical Care Alert;Mar2010, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p89
The article presents information on a research study to investigate the effects of helium-oxygen gas mixture to non-invasive positive pressure ventilation in the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) exacerbations.
- HOW EFFECTIVE IS THE MODIFIED EARLY WARNING SYSTEM SCORE IN IDENTIFYING CHRONIC OBSTRUCTIVE PULMONARY DISEASE PATIENTS REQUIRING NON-INVASIVE VENTILATION? // Thorax;Dec2008 Supplement 7, Vol. 63, pA152
An abstract of the article "How Effective Is the Modified Early Warning System Score in Identifying Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Patients Requiring Non-Invasive Ventilation?," by K. Prakash, J. Hogg and S. Meghjee is presented.
- BTS NATIONAL SURVEY OF KNOWLEDGE OF HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS MANAGING PATIENTS WITH ACUTE HYPERCAPNIC EXACERBATION OF CHRONIC OBSTRUCTIVE PULMONARY DISEASE REQUIRING NON-INVASIVE VENTILATION. // Thorax;Dec2008 Supplement 7, Vol. 63, pA153
An abstract of the article "BTS National Survey of Knowledge of Healthcare Professionals Managing Patients With Acute Hypercapnic Exacerbation of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Requiring Non-Invasive Ventilation," by E.C. Ballard, S. Keity and G. Wilson is presented.
- ARE WE MEETING THE STANDARDS FOR PROVISION OF NON-INVASIVE VENTILATION SERVICES IN THE UK? RESULTS FROM THE NATIONAL COPD AUDIT 2008. // Thorax;Dec2008 Supplement 7, Vol. 63, pA153
An abstract of the article "Are We Meeting the Standards for Provision of Non-Invasive Ventilation Services in the UK" Results From the National COPD Audit 2008," by R. Kaiser, P. Mallia and A. Patel is presented.
- INTEGRATED VENTILATORY CARE FOR RESPIRATORY FAILURE IN ACUTE EXACERBATION OF CHRONIC OBSTRUCTIVE PULMONARY DISEASE. // Thorax;Dec2008 Supplement 7, Vol. 63, pA153
An abstract of the article "Integrated Ventilatory Care for Respiratory Failure in Acute Exacerbation of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease," by Y. Ling, C. Whiteley and S. Keity is presented.
- Research Brief: COPD study. // GP: General Practitioner;12/2/2011, p10
The article reports that treating Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) exacerbations, that require mechanical ventilation, along with systemic corticosteroids, improves the outcomes in patients, according to a research.
- Correction. // Thorax;Mar2014, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p279
A correction to the article "Observational cohort study of outcome of patients referred to a regional weaning centre" that was published in the 2013 issue of the journal is presented.
- Exploring the evidence base of the use of non-invasive ventilation. Jarvis, Helen // British Journal of Nursing;7/27/2006, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p756
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) has a prevalence rate of between 4-10% in the UK (Halbert et al, 2003) and as such accounts for a large number of hospital admissions each year. Non-invasive ventilation (NIV) is now increasingly used to treat exacerbations of this condition and...
- A link of non-invasive ventilation in chronic hypercapnic COPD patients with pulmonary hypertension. A new index of prognosis? Esquinas Rodriguez, Antonio M.; Ioannis, Pneumatikos // European Review for Medical & Pharmacological Sciences;2012, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p1133
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article which evaluated the effect of non-invasive ventilation (NIV) treatment in patients with acute exacerbation of chronic, obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and its effect on patients with pulmonary hypertension.