Ethics and decision making in end stage lung disease
- A link of non-invasive ventilation in chronic hypercapnic COPD patients with pulmonary hypertension. A new index of prognosis? Esquinas Rodriguez, Antonio M.; Ioannis, Pneumatikos // European Review for Medical & Pharmacological Sciences;2012, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p1133
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article which evaluated the effect of non-invasive ventilation (NIV) treatment in patients with acute exacerbation of chronic, obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and its effect on patients with pulmonary hypertension.
- Pulmonary hypertension: a prognostic factor for response to non invasive mechanical ventilation in COPD exacerbations. Petroianni, A.; Parola, D.; Terzano, C. // European Review for Medical & Pharmacological Sciences;2012, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p1135
A response by Angelo Petroianni to a letter to the editor on their article which evaluated the effect of noninvasive ventilation (NIV) treatment in patients with acute exacerbation of chronic, obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and its effect on patients with pulmonary hypertension, is presented.
- Does Heliox Help in COPD Exacerbations? Luks, Andrew M. // Critical Care Alert;Mar2010, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p89
The article presents information on a research study to investigate the effects of helium-oxygen gas mixture to non-invasive positive pressure ventilation in the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) exacerbations.
- HOW EFFECTIVE IS THE MODIFIED EARLY WARNING SYSTEM SCORE IN IDENTIFYING CHRONIC OBSTRUCTIVE PULMONARY DISEASE PATIENTS REQUIRING NON-INVASIVE VENTILATION? // Thorax;Dec2008 Supplement 7, Vol. 63, pA152
An abstract of the article "How Effective Is the Modified Early Warning System Score in Identifying Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Patients Requiring Non-Invasive Ventilation?," by K. Prakash, J. Hogg and S. Meghjee is presented.
- BTS NATIONAL SURVEY OF KNOWLEDGE OF HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS MANAGING PATIENTS WITH ACUTE HYPERCAPNIC EXACERBATION OF CHRONIC OBSTRUCTIVE PULMONARY DISEASE REQUIRING NON-INVASIVE VENTILATION. // Thorax;Dec2008 Supplement 7, Vol. 63, pA153
An abstract of the article "BTS National Survey of Knowledge of Healthcare Professionals Managing Patients With Acute Hypercapnic Exacerbation of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Requiring Non-Invasive Ventilation," by E.C. Ballard, S. Keity and G. Wilson is presented.
- ARE WE MEETING THE STANDARDS FOR PROVISION OF NON-INVASIVE VENTILATION SERVICES IN THE UK? RESULTS FROM THE NATIONAL COPD AUDIT 2008. // Thorax;Dec2008 Supplement 7, Vol. 63, pA153
An abstract of the article "Are We Meeting the Standards for Provision of Non-Invasive Ventilation Services in the UK" Results From the National COPD Audit 2008," by R. Kaiser, P. Mallia and A. Patel is presented.
- INTEGRATED VENTILATORY CARE FOR RESPIRATORY FAILURE IN ACUTE EXACERBATION OF CHRONIC OBSTRUCTIVE PULMONARY DISEASE. // Thorax;Dec2008 Supplement 7, Vol. 63, pA153
An abstract of the article "Integrated Ventilatory Care for Respiratory Failure in Acute Exacerbation of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease," by Y. Ling, C. Whiteley and S. Keity is presented.
- Correction. // Thorax;Mar2014, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p279
A correction to the article "Observational cohort study of outcome of patients referred to a regional weaning centre" that was published in the 2013 issue of the journal is presented.
- AdesÃ£o Ã ventilaÃ§Ã£o nÃ£o invasiva: perspetiva do doente e familiar cuidador. Pinto de Morais, António José; Pina Queirós, Paulo Joaquim // Revista de Enfermagem ReferÃªncia;jul2013, Issue 10, p7
Context: Non-invasive ventilation for people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is performed at home, after a brief period of training in the hospital setting, leaving the patient responsible for managing and executing it according to their medical prescription. Objectives: to build a...