Tags: NUCLEAR power plants
- Building public trust, part 27. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Sep/Oct1995, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p8
Reports on Britain's Atomic Energy Authority incident reports on the explosion of Scotland's Dounreay nuclear plant in 1977.
- Germany, US at nuclear poles. Kim, Lucian // Christian Science Monitor;6/11/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 137, p6
Focuses on efforts of Germany to curb nuclear power, in light of rejection of Kyoto Protocol and support of nuclear power plants by United States President George W. Bush.
- US scores consistent marks on aggregate performance. // Power;May/Jun97, Vol. 141 Issue 3, p10
Reports on findings indicating the consistent performance of US nuclear power plants. Statistics released by the World Association Nuclear Operators; Parameters measured; Areas of greatest improvement; Contact information.
- New Documents. // Nuclear Plant Journal;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p13
Presents several books on nuclear plants in the U.S. 'Application of Orifice Plates for Measurement of Feedwater Flow,' by T. Eckert and R. Shankar; 'Investigation of Alternative Waste Forms for Greater Than Class C 14C Filters,' by S. Bushart; 'Proceedings: 2001 ASME/EPRI Radwaste Workshop,'...
- Periodic Safety Review Program. Kim, Kilyoo // Nuclear Plant Journal;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p18
Focuses on the acceptability of the Maintenance Rule (MR) in the Nuclear Power Plants in South Korea. Performance of MR studies; Introduction of Periodic Safety Assessment (PSR); Relationship between MR and PSR.
- Machinery Breakdown Prevention. Wendland, William // Nuclear Plant Journal;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p26
Focuses on the coverage of machinery breakdown insurance in the nuclear power plants. Inclusion of turbine and electrical generator failures; Development of international guidelines; Response of plant operators to inspection recommendations.
- Telerobotics Maintenance of Nuclear Power Plants. G�mez-Santamar�a, Jes�s; Avello, Alejo; Rubio, Angel; Carmena, Pio // Nuclear Plant Journal;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p32
This paper shows the use of three robotic systems to help in the operation and maintenance of nuclear power plants: ANAES, leak detection and location by sound, SIMANTEL, a master-slave teleoperation system with force feedback and ROBICEN, a compact pneumatic wall climbing robot.
- Utility, Industry & Corporation News. // Nuclear Plant Journal;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p6
Presents several developments related to nuclear power plants in the U.S. as of September 01, 2002. Establishment of a high-tech training center at the Fermi 2 nuclear plant by DTE Energy Co.; Fuel cost for South Texas Project nuclear power plant for the year 2002; Efforts of the U.S....
- Economics of Nuclear Power. Omoto, Akira // Nuclear Plant Journal;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p27
Discusses the needs for improving economic competitiveness in nuclear power generation in Japan. Factors to be considered to improve economic competitiveness; Necessity for improving asset management and alternative operating cycle of power generation; Dependence of competitiveness on recycling...
- Nuclear Fire Sale. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;12/28/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31293, p37
Reports that the public power system of Washington Energy Northwest has commissioned a study to determine whether buyers are interested in completing the Washington Nuclear Project 1 before it is dismantled. Firm that will compile the report on the project; Cause of Former name of energy Northwest.