WHY EMINEM IS IMPORTANT
- Bad Raps: Music Rebels Revel in Their Thug Life. Fields, Suzanne // Insight on the News;05/21/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p48
Comments on the lyrics of rapper Eminem's songs. Why the lyrics employ vulgar street idioms; View of black scholar, Shelby Steele about the rappers and promoters.
- TOP R&B/HIP-HOP CATALOG ALBUMS. // Billboard;6/5/2004, Vol. 116 Issue 23, p22
Presents a chart of top R&B/hip-hop catalog albums, as of June 5, 2004, including "The Eminem Show," performed by Eminem.
- HOT RAP TRACKS. // Billboard;11/27/2004, Vol. 116 Issue 48, p30
Presents a tabular representation of several rap music releases as of November 27, 2004 such as "Breathe," by Fabolous and "Just Lose It," by Eminem.
- Eminem releases new single 'Berzerk,' prepares for album hype. Furay, Steve // Michigan Citizen;9/8/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 44, pA9
The article focuses on new song "Berzerk," released by American rapper, record producer, songwriter and actor Eminem.
- The Shady Side OF Eminem. Lutes, Chris // Campus Life;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 59 Issue 8, p30
Gives advice to a Christian youth who feels bothered with the music of rapper Eminem. Friends' fondness for Eminem; Violence in songs' lyrics; Suggestion of exposing friends to redemptive rap music.
- Marshall Laws. Yu, Ting; Wren, Jennifer; Ballard, Michaele; Benet, Lorenzo; Cunneff, Tom; Dodd, Johnny; Droganes, Constance; Emmons, Karen; Flott, Anthony; Mindell, Amy; Singh, Ajay // People;5/12/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 18, p22
Presents excerpts from advice that Eminem gave to aspiring rappers at a Hip-Hop Summit in Detroit, Michigan. How to get a record hit; Importance of maintaining a day job; Promoting yourself.
- CHART BEAT. // Billboard;11/16/2013, Vol. 125 Issue 44, p89
The article reports that Eminem's rap album "The Monster," featuring Rihanna debuted at number 3 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- RAP SONGSÂ™. // Billboard;11/23/2013, Vol. 125 Issue 45, p65
A chart is presented that ranks the top songs in the Billboard Rap Songs chart for the week of November 23, 2013, including "The Monster" by Eminem, featuring Rihanna, "Rap God" by Eminem and "Holy Grail" by Jay Z, featuring Justin Timberlake.
- FIFTH GRADE. Frere-Jones, Sasha // New Yorker;12/6/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 38, p119
Reviews the album recording "Encore," by Eminem.