Pudding & fruit treats
- REPACKAGED FOR VENDING: SINGLE-SERVE PUDDINGS. Silver, Sheldon // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p154
Reports on the offering of single-serve puddings through vending machines in the United States. Annual growth of refrigerated desserts; Efforts to deal with various styles of vending machines; Popular flavors; Effects of demographics on product demand.
- JW Vending to trial healthy cereal bars in hospitals. // Vending International;Jan/Feb2016, p4
The article focuses on vending company JW Vending conducting a trial of cereal bars from healthy eating brand Slim-Be in its vending machines in a number of hospitals in Bristol, England and presents views of Guy Harris, commercial director at Slim-Be, on the product's potential in vending sector.
- SPEEDY SCOOP. Crane, Cody // Science World;5/8/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 14, p7
The article describes the MooBella ice cream vending machine. The vending machine delivers freshly made ice cream in one of 96 flavor combinations. The machine churns the ice cream ingredients by spraying a thin layer of it onto a metal plate. The plate is chilled to a temperature below the...
- Extreme Ice Cream. McLaughlin, Lisa // Time;7/21/2003, Vol. 162 Issue 3, p73
Offers a look at creative and luxury ice cream flavors. Availability of ice cream at vending machines; Popsicles that are made from 4.8 percent alcohol, called Freaky Ice; Launch of a beer ice cream with the taste of Newcastle Brown Ale; Ice cream by Neuhaus, the Belgian chocolate company.
- Pushing the Bar. Wolson, Shelley // FoodService Director;2/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p55
Offers advice on using vending machines in selling protein bars. Information on protein bar flavors and varieties; Use of point-of-sell materials for vendor and consumer education; Preference of consumers to high-protein bars.
- Castus Fruit Bars approved for the REAL CHOICE. // Vending International;Nov2005, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p23
The article reports that the Health Education Trust (HET) has developed the Real Choice initiative to raise the standard of school food and drink vending provision and reflects best practice. Joe Harvey, director of the HET said that Castus fruit bars are a valuable example of the type of...
- Self-serve soda... // Current Health 2;Nov92, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p27
Reports on a newly developed vending machine that can dispense 18 flavors of soda into customers' own empty one- and two-liter plastic soda bottles. Currently being tested in some supermarkets; Self-cleaning; Rinsing of empty bottles; Direct recycling of used bottles.
- ...And really fresh fries. // Current Health 2;Nov92, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p27
Describes a new vending machine that uses dehydrated potato dough and hot canola oil to cook fresh french fries right in the machine. A dollar cost of about 33 hot fries dispensed within one minute; Current tests on military bases worldwide.
- Pass the fries. // Current Health 1;Nov92, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p2
Discusses a new vending machine that makes fresh french fries in about one minute. Potato dough and hot oil; Cost of about 33 fries; Use on military bases.