Computerizing NSMP requirements
- Directions for Applying for Free and Reduced-Price School Meals. // Ellis County Press;8/13/2015, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p8
The article offers information on the instructions in the application for free and reduced-price school meals in Ferris Independent School District (ISD) which mention qualifications of participants and meal income eligibility guidelines.
- The School Lunch Wars. HINMAN, KRISTEN // Wilson Quarterly;Spring2011, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p16
The article presents discussion on the federal school lunch programs of the U.S., highlighting the challenge facing the institutional practice regarding health management and fighting student obesity. Details are given pointing out the general unhealthiness and low quality of the meals served in...
- Survey: Kids Want Wider Ethnic Choices. // Food Management;May2009, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p12
The article presents the Dream Kitchen Survey conducted by Y-Pulse LLC examining the notion school-aged students about ethnic choices in school cafeterias in the U.S. The survey reveals that school children are interested in having a broader variety of authentic ethnic foods and cross-cultural...
- Tips for Keeping Your Bottom Line in Line. Dillon, Naomi // Education Digest;Nov2008, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p17
The article discusses tips for keeping school budgets in order, focusing on the improvements that can be made to food service management. Topics include the importance of a standardized plan that accounts for all aspects of food management, the strategy of providing students with taste samples,...
- LET'S DO LUNCH. Gerrard, Neil // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;7/16/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4636, p36
The article reports on the rise of children eating school lunches in Great Britain. The annual survey of school lunch take-up for the 2009-2010 year by the School Food Trust and the Local Authority Caterers Association (LACA) shows an increase in healthy school lunches in both primary and...
- QA. Lee, John; Pistiner, Michael // Living Without;Aug/Sep2012, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p68
The article presents question and answer discussions related to food allergies and sensitivities. It regarded planning, teaching, and good communication as the significant factors before letting one's child to stay overnight at a friend's house. It suggests to work in close cooperation with...
- Collaboration achieves greater, lasting success. // American School Board Journal;Aug2010, Vol. 197 Issue 8, p18
The article discusses the importance of collaboration in the incorporation of health and wellness into educational experience in the U.S. According to Martin Gonzalez, deputy executive director of the California School Boards Association, their engagement in partnerships has contributed much to...
- Boston Public Schools Joins Meatless Monday Initiative. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;10/31/2014, p4
The article reports on move of Boston Public Schools in Massachusetts to join the Meatless Monday movement and mentions its plan to serve meat-free dishes such as black bean burrito bowls and garden fresh salads topped with chickpeas in its cafeterias on Mondays.
- There's no free lunch. Byfield, Joanne // Report / Newsmagazine (National Edition);5/13/2002, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p42
Focuses on a program of the Calgary Board of Education which supervises student lunch periods. Costs of the program for the school; Objection to the program by parents, who had hired staff to supervise the children at lunch; Unionization of the supervisors by the Alberta Labour Relations Board.