Fewer menu choices
- Florida hospital sets new delivery program. // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p26
Reports that Mt. Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach, Florida has been developing a delivery program at its branded food-court. Plan to offer a limited menu of selection from branded stations; Highlights of the program.
- Making anything portable. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p102
Offers a look at the breakfast service of three hospital cafeterias in the United States. Palmetto General Hospital in Hialeah, Florida; Jackson Hospital and Clinic in Montgomery, Alabama; North Shore University Hospital in Plainview, New York.
- Going beyond turkey club. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p128
Focuses on deli food operations in hospitals and healthcare facilities in the United States. Louisiana State University Medical Center in Shreveport's offering of low fat deli meats; Health Choice meat products offered at the University of Virginia Health Sciences Center's main cafeteria;...
- 3-D PICTURE MENU AIDS PEDIATRIC MEAL SERVICE. // Health Facilities Management;Apr2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the use of the Fisher-Price 'View Master,' a three-dimensional picture menu, by patients at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center as of April 2003. Features and mechanism; Benefits for children.
- HOSPITAL SERVES UP ETHNIC SMORGASBORD. // Health Facilities Management;Jul2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the traditional food offerings at Weiss Memorial Hospital in Chicago, Illinois as of July 1, 2003. Purpose of its expanded offerings of traditional food; Result of a tasting session conducted by the hospital for staff, interpreters and the press.
- Linking computers & phones. Grossbauer, Sue // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p170
Describes how foodservice executives in two United States hospitals linked computers and telephones to better manage the facilities' menu process. Process-analysis for patient menus; Interactive voice response systems; Integrated solution offered by Vision Software Technologies Inc. and...
- Where next for hospital food as BHF is scrapped? Williamson, Andy // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/25/2006, Vol. 196 Issue 4426, p14
The article explains the failure of the Better Hospital Food (BHF) program established by Great Britain's government in 2001. Specific aims included producing new recipes, redesigning the menu and introducing 24-hour catering. But the government announced the scheme's demise in June 2006,...
- Adapting almost anything. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p92
Reports on the entree salads offered at some hospitals and healthcare facilities in the United States. Salads offered by Morrison Healthcare Food Services at Northwestern University Hospital in Chicago, Illinois; Main course salad at New York Presbyterian Hospital in Manhattan, New York; Salad...
- New raves and old faves. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p84
Describes the ways food service operators prepare chicken menu in hospitals and health care facilities across the United States. How chicken parmigiana is prepared; Recipe for honey mustard chicken; Cost of chicken piccata.