- Lofty Returns. Ridge, Diane // Food Management;Mar2001, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p50
Deals with the popularity of pizza in the United States. Variety of pizza being offered by food service operators; Ethnic flavor influences on pizza dough; Versatility of the menu item; Selected pizza recipes.
- SPOTLIGHT ON SiDE dishes. Ridge, Diane // Food Management;Sep2001, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p50
Focuses on the ingredients needed for the enhancement of main dishes in Idaho. Imagination on simple or exotic cooking; Considerations on the favorites of customers; Creativity in food preparation.
- Mexican and beyond. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p72
Reports on the popularity of Mexican and Hispanic dishes in the U.S. Dishes offered at cafeterias operated by Sodexho/Wood Dining Services for Air Products; Recipe for Turkey Wrap With Plantain Chips; Preparation for skirt steak with grilled cactus paddles.
- Hale and Hearty Vegan EntrÃ©es. Berkoff, Nancy // Vegetarian Journal's Foodservice Update;Spring2003, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p1
Focuses on the strategies in preparing a vegan cuisine. Ways to prepare a vegan meals in restaurants; Ingredients; Technique in making a tofu sauce.
- Infusion confusion leads to vocabulary lessons and new taste variations. Fabricant, Florence // Nation's Restaurant News;09/04/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 36, p37
Focuses on the use of the infusion process in the food service sector in the United States. Chefs' experimentation in infusing ingredients in mediums of all kinds to create unusual drink bases, sauces, soups and broths; Strategies in infusion in various restaurants in U.S. cities.
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/02/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 40, p48
Presents news items related to restaurants and the food service industry in the United States as of October 2, 2000. First certified research chef of the Research Chefs Association; Tezpur chili of India; Promotion of Rick Boyer from sous chef to chef de cuisine at Wright's Dining Room in...
- Miami. Papiernik, Richard L. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/29/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p104
Focuses on the food service industry in Miami, Florida. Development of the Florida fare cuisine; Presence of several well-known cooks; Popularity of international cuisine; Abundance of restaurants at the Ocean Drive.
- Brain Food. McDermott, Karen Govel // Nation's Restaurant News;09/03/01 Supplement, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p26
Focuses the cooking techniques and food service operation of Chef Paul Correnty, at the Harvard Public Schools in Harvard, Massachusetts. Career backgrounds of Correnty; Popularity of Corenty's dishes; Focus on fish dishes
- There by Choice. Romeo, Peter // Restaurant Business;04/15/2001, Vol. 100 Issue 8, p4
Features high school seniors in the United States who participated in the J&W 12th annual National High School Recipe Contest, held in Providence, Rhode Island. Importance of a career in foodservice for participants; Scholarships awarded to winners such as Francetta Turner and Beau Mueller;...
- Szechuan spice. Gatsos, Diane // Food Management;Jan1999, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p52
Reports on the popularity of Szechuan-style Chinese cooking among onsite food service customers in the United States. Reason for the popularity of Chinese cooking among Americans; Examples of Szechuan-style recipes.