Why beef is back
- Lean Beef Makes the Cut. Young, Mary K. // Food Management;May2001, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p80
Provides tips on proper slicing of beef. Recognition of beef as one of the best menu in food service; Nutritional facts; Need to select lean cuts of beef. INSET: Healthful Beef Facts..
- Prime rib offers a cut above the rest. Fabricant, Florence // Nation's Restaurant News;5/2/94, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p45
Offers insights on the popularity of prime ribs of beef as a menu item in restaurants in the United States. Comparison with steaks; Multiple portions; Serving size; Increase in sales of prime ribs in 1993; Offer of beef roast as an option; Importance of chef's creativity in serving prime ribs;...
- The great steak-house wars. Richman, Alan // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Mar99, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p157
Evaluates several steak houses in Gotham, New York. Peter Luger Steak House; Old Homestead; Sparks; Ben Benson's; Smith & Wollensky; Michael Jordan's; Palm; Post House; Cuts of meat featured in New York steak houses; Quality of service.
- U.S. Appeals Court ruling: Beef Checkoff program unconstitutional. Thorn, Bret // Nation's Restaurant News;7/21/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 29, p70
Reports that a U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that a program through which all beef producers contribute to a marketing fund is unconstitutional. Background on the Beef Check-Off Program; Possible violation of the rights of producers who might not agree with the marketing messages of the...
- STEAK OUT. // Ralph;Sep2003, p186
Describes several steakhouse and restaurants in Australia and New Zealand. Raging Bull Steakhouse; Daniel's Licensed Restaurant; Owen's Restaurant; Bald Rock Hotel.
- Pursuing flavorful cuts. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p67
Focuses on the restaurant-quality beef menu offered by food establishments at hospitals in the U.S. as of February 15, 2003. Highlights of the Certified Angus Beef program of Via Christi Regional Medical Center in Wichita, Kansas; Beef items offered by St. Luke's Hospital in Bethlemen,...
- BEST OF BOB LAPE. // Crain's New York Business;11/27/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p39
The article offers information about famous steak houses in Manhattan, New York City. The steak house Quality Meats provides rustic New American food, plus great service and wines in a playful setting. At the BLT Steak, chef Laurent Tourondel unites French bistro and American steak house, with...
- BEEF. // National Provisioner;Aug2000, Vol. 214 Issue 8, p30
Focuses on the United States beef industry. Average annual per capita consumption of beef; Average wholesale and retail prices; Insights from ACNielsen Homescan Fresh Foods Consumer Facts 1998 Report; Meat manufacturers serving the food service industry.
- A North Idaho traditionâ€”THE HAMBURGER JOINT. // Journal of Business (10756124);7/29/2004 Supplement, Vol. 19, p46
Focuses on hamburger eateries in North Idaho. Types of hamburgers served at Hudson's Hamburgers of Coeur d'Alene; Lumberjack-size burger at Bud's Big Burger Drive-in; Hamburger menu at Dub's; Buffalo burger at the Snake Pit in Enaville.