Putting garnish to the sales-test
- Food. Green, Emily // New Statesman;8/30/96, Vol. 125 Issue 4299, p35
Focuses on garnishes. Types; Popularity.
- Great garnishes. // Food Management;Dec97, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p65
No abstract available.
- Finishing touches. Holderness, Lisa // Better Homes & Gardens;Mar1995, Vol. 73 Issue 3, pB18
Features simple-to-use tools which can be used to create garnishes. Miniature metal appetizer cutters to fashion sliced vegetables, cheese, meat and bread; Spiral cutters to make vegetable curls; Creation of radish flowers.
- Sprig of potential: Mint garnishes menus with refeshing possibilities. Fabricant, Florence // Nation's Restaurant News;6/12/95, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p59
Features menus garnished with mint from various restaurants in the United States. Sturgeon with fresh peas and mint; Terrine of chicken and vegetables with minty couscous and gazpacho sauce; Apple-mint compote with the roast rack of lamb; Appetizer salad of cucumber and yogurt seasoned with...
- New products watch. // Prepared Foods;Mar96, Vol. 165 Issue 3, p28
Presents information on food dressings for 1991 through to 1995. Mayonnaise; Jams and jellies; Sugars; More.
- BLUEBERRY HARVEST. Richardson, Alan; Nicholoson, Cynthia // Country Living;Aug2001, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p107
Focuses on ways in which blueberries can be used for dessert preparation and decoration.
- From flavorful entree garnish to spicy base for salads, arugula has many uses and names. Ruggless, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;11/19/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 47, p25
Focuses on the flavorful garnishing of arugula, a salad herb in Italy. Origin of arugula; Characteristics of arugula; Nutritional content of arugula.
- Diners enjoy the fruits of chef's labors. Parseghian, Pamela // Nation's Restaurant News;5/27/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 21, p30
Focuses on the use of summer berries as sweet garnish for entrï¿½es and desserts. Ingredients added to the berries to enhance the taste; Improvement in the food images of casual entries; Effects of the berries on the taste of pastries.
- Garnish gusto. Lang, Joan // Restaurant Business;01/01/99, Vol. 98 Issue 1, p61
Describes strategies of restaurant chefs in garnishing soups to enhance their value and appeal. Criteria for selecting garnishes; Details on the use of black beans, tomato and fresh scallion as garnishes; Method of enhancing flavor and texture of a roasted eggplant soup. INSET: Recipe.