How pre-packs fit the menu
- EKIBEN. Haas, Scott // Saveur;Jan/Feb2014, Issue 162, p64
The article offers information ekiben, which refers to artfully composed bento lunch boxes offered at train stations in Japan.
- Lunchbox Food Co., New York. Lohmeyer, Lori // Nation's Restaurant News;2/23/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p33
Features the Lunchbox Food Co. in New York City, owned by chefs, Jennifer Kohns and Lawrence Rudolph. Operating hours; Design and fixtures; Food specialties.
- 'A GREAT VALUE': Summer sales for RA's NYC cafes are 'in the bag'. // FoodService Director;8/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p5
Reports the addition of bag lunches to the menu of Restaurant Associates-operated cafeterias in New York City. Average number of bag lunches sold by the cafeterias per day in June 2003; Advantage of the program to customers; Lunch varieties offered.
- MORE FOOD FOR THOUGHT. Bonnick, Helen // Community Care;3/4/2010, Issue 1808, p8
In this article, the author discusses the issue of packed lunches for children. She comments that, to make lunch boxes healthier, the habits of the nation should be addressed as a whole and mentions that food is considered as an inconvenience today. Also, she discusses children and parents...
- Lunch with the lions. David, Judy // Working Mother;Sep93, p76
Presents Pecoware's jungle print lunch bag and canteen for kindergarten or day care-age children. Features; Price.
- Lunch time! Johnson, Bruce E. // Country Living;Sep98, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p40
Discusses the history of metal lunch kits. Reason for replacing the metal ones by plastic; How the idea of featuring a television or movie character on lunch boxes originated; Trend in collecting metal lunch boxes; Suggestion for care and display of the boxes. INSET: Collector alert.
- Obento. Mitchum, Teresa V. // Highlights;Mar2007, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p36
The article provides information on obento, a lunch box used by school children in Japan.
- Brownbagging Hits a High. // Food Management;Aug2008, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p20
The article reports on the study by NPD Group Inc., market research organization, which states that brown-bagged lunches hit a high point in 2007 in the U.S. It claims that health and nutrition concerns ranked second as among the main reasons. Also included are convenience, taste, diet and...
- LONG BEACH MED. CTR. GIVING: Box lunches for discharges. // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p8
Focuses on a test program at Long Beach Memorial Medical Center in California that offers discharged patients a complementary boxed lunch as they wait for pickup to return home. Purpose of the program; Food cost of each meal at the hospital; Placement of boxed lunch; Operating hours of the program.