Bed-counts up 3.6%, spending climbs by 6%
- Nursing home special care units: Distribution by type, state, and facility characteristics. Zinn, Jacqueline S.; Mor, Vincent // Gerontologist;Jun94, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p371
Examines the distribution of nursing home special care units by type, state and facility characteristics through the use of the 1991-1992 Medicare and Medicaid Automated Certification Survey. Frequency and average size of units; Prioritization of the availability of special care; Treatment...
- HCFA reports focus on hospital mortality, nursing home quality. // Aging;1991, Issue 362, p45
Focuses on annual studies of the quality of care in nursing homes and death rates in hospitals serving Medicare and Medicaid patients. `Medicare/Medicaid Nursing Home Information'; `Medicaid Hospital Mortality'; Survey of America's best hospitals.
- Chicago Tribune, ProPublica Help Drive Illinois Nursing Home Overhaul. Detzel, Tom // Pro Publica;5/ 9/2010, p20
The article presents a blog related to break system of nursing homes in Illinois.
- Top nursing homes. Barbarello, Kathleen // Business News New Jersey;05/25/98, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p10
Presents a chart related to top 50 nursing homes in New Jersey ranked by long term care beds.
- Nursing homes. // Business News New Jersey;1998 Book of Lists, Vol. 11, p98
Ranks nursing homes in New Jersey by number of long-term care beds. Includes Preakness Hospital; Morris View Nursing Home; JFK Hartwyck at Edison Estates; Masonic Home of New Jersey.
- LARGEST NURSING HOMES. // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/31/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 52, p84
A list concerning the largest nursing homes in Ohio, including Menorah Park Center for Senior Living, Pleasant Lake Villa, Suburban Pavilion, is presented.
- LARGEST NURSING HOMES. // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/22/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 51, p100
The article lists the largest nursing homes in Ohio ranked by the number of licensed beds including St. Augustine Health Campus, ManorCare Rocky River and ManorCare Euclid Beach.
- In search of the right home. // Consumer Reports;Aug95, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p519
Part I. Offers tips on the selection of a nursing home. Inspections conduced for the Home Care Financing Administration (HCFA) by state licensing officials; Three top rated groups; Referral services; Advice from state ombudsmen; Need for understanding the state inspection report; Tour of a...
- Many housing options are available for senior living. Merritt, J.; Fogler, J. // Diabetes in the News;Jan/Feb92, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p56
Describes several housing options to consider when considering placing one's parent, loved one, or oneself, into a nursing home. Questions to ask before choosing a housing option; Shared housing; Senior apartment buildings; Retirement homes; Domiciliary care homes; Life care or continuing care...
- Skilled-nursing facilities. Truong, Tommy T. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;06/01/98 Supplement 98 Book of List, Issue 322310, p58
Lists the top skilled-nursing facilities in the Central San Joaquin Valley in California as ranked by the number of licensed nursing-facility beds in 1997. Includes Casa Metropolitan; Beverly Manor; Pacific Gardens Nursing & Rehabilitation Center.