Compass acquires Rest. Assoc
- Compass teams with RA, expands reach. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;06/15/98, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p1
Reports on Restaurant Associates Corp.'s sale of its outstanding capital stock to Compass Group PLC, gaining the financial backing to triple its own annual rate of growth. Value of Restaurant Associates' outstanding capital stock sold; Reciprocal advantages of the companies resulting from the...
- Compass acquires Restaurant Associates. // Food Management;Jul98, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p21
Reports on the acquisition of Compass Group on all standing capital stocks of Restaurant Associates Corp. Details on the deal; Amount of the acquisition deal; Terms of the deal.
- Restaurant Assoc. tests savoir fare. Sanders, Lisa // Crain's New York Business;09/07/98, Vol. 14 Issue 36, p4
Presents information on Restaurant Associates Corp., since it was purchased by Compass Group Plc, and its chief executive Nick Valenti. Benefits of the purchase to Restaurant Associates; Comments from Valenti; Examination of the role played by Valenti at the company; Business operations of...
- RA Restaurant Unit Spun Off. // Food Management;Jun2006, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p20
The article reports on the spinoff of Compass Group's Restaurant Associates (RA) division into a separate private company in a buyout negotiated by RA Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Nick Valenti and Patina Group CEO Joachim Splichal. The Special Events Catering units is excluded from the deal....
- Bailey quits Restaurant Associates. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/8/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4318, p14
Deals with the resignation of David Bailey, the managing director of the fine dining and restaurants at Compass Group PLC subsidiary Restaurant Associates Corp. (RA). Statement issued by Compass on Bailey's resignation; Responsibilities of Bailey at RA.
- 2014 Best Concept Awards. BUZALKA, MICHAEL // Food Management;Aug2014, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p25
The article offers information on the several food serving companies which won several awards in different categories. Best of Show title was awarded to Restaurant Associates Corp, best convenience retailing concept was awarded to University of Washington and best customer service concept was...
- Restaurant Associates teams up with Ramsay. Druce, Chris // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/15/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 4527, p9
The article focuses on the partnership deal between Restaurant Associates Corp.(RA) fine-dining division of Compass Group PLC, and Gordon Ramsay Holdings (GRH). Jason Leek, managing director at RA, believes the partnership will help it to recruit and retain the best chef talent. As part of the...
- THE VOLUME ADVANTAGE: DENSITY IN ACCOUNT BASE FACILITATES SECTORIZATION. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;6/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p28
Describes the food service management offering of Compass Group. Role of the brands of Compass in the company's growth; Effort of the group to achieve its best client retention rate; Addition of Morrison Management Services to the Compass Group family; Tasks being handled by Restaurant Associates.
- FOOD SERVICE. Mullen, Rosalind // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/14/2008 Supplement, Vol. 198, p25
The article focuses on working for food service operators and presents interviews of employees and employers in the food service industry of Great Britain. Food service companies provide bespoke catering for a range of clients and venues. Increasingly, they also provide facilities management...