California takes on the Feds
- Northumberland drops pay freeze plan for social workers. // Community Care;1/14/2010, Issue 1801, p10
The article reports that Northumberland Council, England, has withdrawn a plan to freeze pay for social care staff from April 2010 after pressure from trade unions.
- Employers warn against plan for directors' pay ceilings. // Community Care;4/1/2010, Issue 1812, p9
The article presents information on the warning by the Local Government Employers (LGE) of Great Britain, that pay ceilings for jobs like directors of children's services, would restrict the ability of local authorities to recruit the best candidates.
- Bristol implements single status on pay. // Community Care;4/4/2002, Issue 1416, p10
Reports on the annual increase in the salaries of key social services staff at Bristol Council. Reason for reviewing the pay of staff; Number of local authorities in England which had implemented the single status agreement.
- THE DIRECTORS' CUT. Miskelly, Bronagh // Community Care;4/1/2010, Issue 1812, p4
The article presents the author's comments on the need to change the pay structure of social workers.
- COMPETE OR CO-OPERATE? // Community Care;06/27/2002, Issue 1428, p5
Editorial. Examines the decision of the Haringey Council regarding the payment given to children and family social workers in London, England. Impact of the council's decision on the recruitment of social workers; Effect of the decision on adult services staff; Implication of the council's...
- CORRECTION. // Scholastic Parent & Child;Feb2011, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p6
A correction to the article about the earnings of Holly Robinson Peete for her charitable foundation, HollyRod in the U.S. that was published in the November 2010 issue is presented.
- Leonard Cheshire staff fight pay cut. // Community Care;9/12/2002, Issue 1439, p7
Reports on the effort of home care staff working for disability charity Leonard Cheshire in England to fight changes to their contracts that would reduce their pay. Proposed changes to the contracts; Remarks from a charity spokeswoman.
- Community Care calls for more informed coverage. // Community Care;5/27/2010, Issue 1820, p10
The article offers information on a two-page document featuring basic facts about social workers and their job, by the journal and the trade union Unison.
- Unity is strength. Challender, Martin // Community Care;2/5/2004, Issue 1508, p24
Presents a letter to the editor on views about the pay of social workers.