Denver schools test burgers
- Rating the veggie burgers. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Nov98, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p1
Rates several vegetable burgers in the United States. Top three vegetable burger choices; Assessment on the burgers; Nutritional information.
- Arch Deluxe: The burger for big kids? // Consumer Reports;Oct96, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p6
Compares McDonald's Restaurant's Arch Deluxe hamburgers with those of other fast-food competitors. Taste opinion; Calories, calories from fat, and total fat of different hamburger types from Burger King, Hardee's, Wendy's, and McDonalds.
- Burgerville U.S.A. // Restaurant Business;7/1/96, Vol. 95 Issue 10, p100
Reports the economics of the Burgerville U.S.A. fast food chain. Systemwide sales, total units, and average unit sales in 1995; The chain's plans for the future.
- Building a better burger. Hayes, Jack // Nation's Restaurant News;8/22/94, Vol. 28 Issue 33, p37
Highlights the continued popularity of burgers in the United States inspite of news on E. coli poisonings. Sales of rare and medium cooked burgers; Offering of alternative burgers; Serving of crab burgers; Importance of quality of meat; Vegetarian burgers.
- Burgers still rule. // Restaurant Business;5/1/96, Vol. 95 Issue 7, p29
Presents a chart illustrating that hamburgers are still the most frequently purchased food item in the United States for January to March 1996.
- VEGGIE BURGERS. Funston, Lindsay // Real Simple;Aug2010, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p24
The article informs about six nutritious and delicious meatless patties or burgers which include Morningstar Farms Garden Veggie, Wildwood Organics Original and Morningstar Farms Grillers Prime.
- Lean burgers you'll flip over. // Body Bulletin;Jun96, p2
Presents a three-step strategy for grilling burgers. Spicing it up; Searing in the juices; Trimming one's cooking time.
- Americans reveal their latest gut-buster. // British Baker;11/2/2012, p39
The article offers information on the nutritional value of 50/50 Sunny Side Donut Burger introduced by Southern California burger chain Slater's.
- GOT THE BURGER BLAHS? // InStyle;Aug2011, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p64
The article cites the burger toppings used at various eateries across the U.S. such as Artisan Burgers, Kuma's Corner and Burger and Beer Joint.
- Hamburger hazards. Hammock, Delia A.; Sinclair, Beverlie // Good Housekeeping;Jul93, Vol. 217 Issue 1, p162
Discusses how hamburgers made headlines earlier this year and ways of preventing hamburger from becoming contaminated with harmful bacteria. Store meats below 40 degrees Fahrenheit; Thaw in refrigerator or microwave; Avoid cross-contaminating foods; Wash utensils and cutting boards before...