Texas hospital validates pellet delivery system
- Interdisciplinary Studies. Viadero, Debra // Education Week;10/11/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p34
Focuses on the multidisciplinary approach to education research in the United States. Studies on children's brain activity at the Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston, Texas; Integration of knowledge across different subdomains; Program to identify reading problems in children. INSETS: IERI...
- On the Same Page. Nickerson Chircop, Jeanne // Quality Progress;Nov2008, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p40
The article reports on the importance of collective effort in improving patients' health and finances. Memorial Hermann Hospital System, a non-profit healthcare system in Houston, Texas, undertook a project called "Quality in Patient Safety Program" to better serve its patients and, in the...
- Flood spotlights Houston's nursing shortage. Costello, Mary Ann // AHA News;7/16/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 28, p4
Reports on how tropical storm Allison exposed the nursing shortage at hospitals in Houston, Texas. Number of nurse positions that are unfilled at the Lyndon Baines Johnson General Hospital and Ben Taub General Hospital; Amount needed by hospital administrators to bolster staff pay and expand...
- Regional favorites win sales. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p128
Presents information on some of the most popular meats which are chosen to prepare breakfasts in the United States, highlighting the breakfasts prepared at the Providence Health Center, Waco, Texas. Reference to the burritos which are made at the facility; Costs of the burritos; Information on...
- IN LONG BEACH, CA: Hospital dishes lighten up for summertime. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the changes in the Seaside Cafe menu at Long Beach Memorial Hospital in California to capitalize on customers who want lighter cold dishes and thirst-quenching beverages. Bottled beverages offered at the Cafe; Percentage of increase in beverage sales.
- Hospitals feeding patients healthier meals. // AHA News;04/14/97, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p5
Reveals that hospitals in the United States are offering healthier meals based on a survey by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
- Hospitals should know better. Liebman, Bonnie // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Mar97, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p6
Presents the nutritional content of the meals served in hospitals. Caloric content; Average amount of cholesterol; Average amount of fiber.
- Adding local favorites to the nonselect menu makes for pleasant patient stays. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/15/96, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p18
Reports on the implementation of the nonselect menu for patients in the Baptist Health Systems, Little Rock, Arkansas. Advantages of the system; Method use to satisfy the patients in foodservice; Response of the patients to the system.
- Foodservice at Boston hospitals gets top bill of health from magazine. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/25/96, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p23
Reports on the recognition of hospital foodservice in Boston, Massachusetts by `Boston' periodical. Provision of same menu for patients, staff and visitors at the self-operated foodservice at Brigham and Women's Hospital's Center for Women and Newborns; Room service as the rule at the...