Cardless POS works for schools
- EFT networks seen as driving point of sale. Barthel, Matt // American Banker;2/7/94, Vol. 159 Issue 25, p17
No abstract available.
- Technology talks! Jones, Cindy // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Feb97, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p30
Discusses the benefits of a point-of-sale system in a business enterprise in the United States. Transaction information; Importance of a bar-code scanner; Functional requirements for a computerized register system; Shopping for the best equipments; On-site full-scale training. INSET:...
- The POS promise: Ready to deliver? Acede, Angel // National Petroleum News;Feb94, Vol. 86 Issue 2, p30
Discusses developments in point-of-sales (POS) automation. Search for an integrated solution connecting all aspects; Efforts of major oil companies on in-pump card readers; Formation of strategic alliances; Range of options; Benefits of open architecture; Trends in automation; Advances in...
- Point-of-sale terminal sales jumped in 1994, with an increase of 20% above 1993 sales, say news... // National Petroleum News;Mar95, Vol. 87 Issue 3, p9
Reports on the increase in point-of-sale terminal deliveries in North America. Expansion of direct debit into traditional and new retail locations as reason for increase in sales.
- POS systems. // Restaurant Business;01/01/98, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p97
Features point-of-sale (POS) systems. Includes datacard transaction terminal; Logoexpression graphic interface; Panasonic POS system and software.
- Coding products. // Packaging Digest;Jun98, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p9
Presents information on a variety of coding products for use in the packaging industry. Information on the Jet-A-Mark IP 9100 Cassette Ink System; Details on the Contact Coder; Features of the Repeater panel labeler.
- P.O.S. system. // Restaurant Hospitality;Jan96, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p104
Features the Sable 80 Point-of-Sale system for small restaurants.
- Windows or customized? M. R. // Lodging Hospitality;June97, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p82
Offers information on how to choose a point-of-sale (POS) system. Types of POS systems; Details on what to look for when purchasing POS systems; Comments from Brenda Burke, director of POS systems for Doubletree Hotels; Benefits derived from using POS systems.
- Scanning scrutinized. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/23/1996, Vol. 172 Issue 78, p12
Reports on a study of the accuracy of price scanners used by retailers in the United States as conducted by the Federal Trade Commission. Error rate of scanners as compared to manual entry of prices; Error rates of categories of retailers including department stores, automotive stores and...
- Sound of POSitive spending--Cha-ching. Key, Sheila // San Diego Business Journal;8/2/93, Vol. 14 Issue 31, p17
Features the popularity of point-of-sale (POS) electronic payment system. Debit method of setting up terminal to handle credit (charge-card) and debit (ATM) transactions; Comment by Ron Congemi of Star System Inc. on consumer preference for POS; Beginnings of the technology in California; Use...