USDA launches a new program
- Why schools should promote students' health and wellbeing. Bonell, Chris; Humphrey, Neil; Fletcher, Adam; Moore, Laurence; Anderson, Rob; Campbell, Rona // BMJ: British Medical Journal;5/17/2014, Vol. 348 Issue 7958, p10
The authors discuss the need for education policy in Great Britain to expand its focus beyond academic attainment to student health and well-being. Topics addressed include the status of personal, social and health education (PSHE) as a non-statutory subject, synergy between education and...
- Schools urged to create â€˜head of wellbeingâ€™ post. // British Journal of School Nursing;Feb2015, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p6
The article focuses on the report "Head of Wellbeing: An Essential Post for State Secondary Schools," jointly published by think-tank 2020 health and not-for-profit healthcare organisation Nuffield Health in 2015 which suggests the need for British schools to create a head of wellbeing role to...
- Canton School of Arts and Sciences join with the BCBS of MS to support healthier students. // Jackson Advocate;7/18/2013, Vol. 75 Issue 41, p20A
The article offers information on the launch of the Project Fit America program, to enhance the health of students, by the school the Canton School of Arts and Sciences and the organization the Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi Foundation.
- Hospital helps make sure 'Health is Hoppin' at Hughes Elementary School. Rubinstein, Mindy // AHA News;12/10/2007, Vol. 43 Issue 25, p6
The article focuses on a wellness program implemented by Crouse Hospital in Syracuse, New York at the Hughes Magnet Elementary School. Crouse Hospital partnered with the Syracuse City School District to establish a wellness advisory committee and implement the wellness program. The committee...
- Virginia program promotes physical activity among students, parents. // Nation's Health;Jul97, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p9
Offers a look at the `Fit 4 Life Program,' a physical activity promotion program for students and parents in Virginia. Details on the program; Importance of the program; Comments from participants.
- Student health. // British Medical Journal;11/13/1976, Vol. 2 Issue 6045, p1160
Evaluates the importance of student health services in Great Britain. Relevance of health services as source of help, advice and medical care; Role of student physicians.
- HeaLTH WeaLTH. SHRYOCK, KATHLEEN WILSON // Leadership for Student Activities;May2013, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p8
The article focuses on the health initiatives offered by HealthCorps Inc., nonprofit organization to promote health awareness among students in the U.S. It mentions that the custom-made plan of action includes, nutrition, mental resilience and fitness concepts. According to Robert Gasparello,...
- Developing Regional Coalitions to Promote Physical Activity Within Kansas Middle Schools: An Application of the Healthy Places Framework. // Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology;Jun2001 Supplement, Vol. 23 Issue 2, pS12
Presents an abstract of the study 'Developing Regional Coalitions to Promote Physical Activity Within Kansas Middle Schools: An Application of the Healthy Places Framework,' by P.A. Estabrooks, D.A. Dzewaltowski, J.A. Johnston and E. Johannes, presented at the 2001 conference of the North...
- Wales launch mental health strategy. // Therapy Today;Nov2012, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p48
The article focuses on the new ten year strategy that has been launched by the Welsh Government for supporting mental health. The initiative, called "Together for Mental Health," aims at enhancing the overall care and treatment of people who use mental health services. British Association for...