Pac Bell opens mini gift shop in Bay City
- Pacific Bell announces steps to improve directory assistance. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;05/11/98, Issue 322301, p7
Reports on Pacific Bell Corp.'s plans to invest in five directory assistance call centers in California, as part of the company's efforts to enhance customer service. Plans of the company in providing customers with free calls to directory assistance; Impact to directory assistance rates;...
- Pac Bell, competitors still at odds. McCarthy, Shira // Telephony;11/27/95, Vol. 229 Issue 22, p12
Reports on the argument between Pacific Bell Corp. and the California Competition Coalition on telecommunications reform. Disagreement of the companies on open-market plans; Competition on resale rates.
- Pac Bell's fiber/coax network hits bureaucratic snag. Bucholtz, Chris // Telephony;1/29/96, Vol. 230 Issue 5, p17
Reports that Pacific Bell's efforts to build a hybrid fiber/coax network in San Jose has been slowed by conflicts with the city over public safety and building permit issues. PacBell's comments about the city's concerns.
- Pac Bell arm to give end-to-end solution. Bucholtz, Chris // Telephony;4/1/96, Vol. 230 Issue 14, p16
Reports that Pacific Bell Corporation has added a subsidiary called Pacific Bell Network Integration to its operations, to prepare for network integration. Views of Jim Pflaging, PBNI's president; Reference to Integrated Services Digital Network.
- Telco combats Internet crunch. // Telephony;3/17/97, Vol. 232 Issue 11, p7
Focuses on the Pacific Bell's propagation of solution towards the problem of Internet clogged voice switches. Use of Local Access Gateway to cushion the impact of Internet data traffic on its voice network; Customer's use of the service.
- Pac Bell Internet hits 100,000 mark. Levine, Shira // Telephony;05/19/97, Vol. 232 Issue 20, p8
Reports that Pacific Bell Internet Services has become the first telco Internet subsidiary to sign up 100,000 subscribers this May 1997. Company's plans to expand its online service to additional California markets; Other plans for its Internet service.
- Pac Bell plans major reinvestment. Schmelling, Sarah // Telephony;04/27/98, Vol. 234 Issue 17, p12
Details the plan of Pacific Bell Corp. to spend more than $2 billion in 1998 to strengthen its network infrastructure. Replacement and upgrading of local loop equipment; Upgrading of switching systems and improving of interoffice network.
- Pac Bell's COF the right weapon. Vittore, Vince // America's Network;9/1/94, Vol. 98 Issue 17, p12
Editorial. Discusses the development of the Cinema of the Future (COF) by Pacific Bell. Features; Impact of COF on video technology; Uses; Issues on ownership.
- Pacific Bell's multilingual centers handle 17-millionth... // Diversity Suppliers & Business Magazine;Fall94, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p32
Looks at Pacific Bell's services to non-English speaking customers. Comments from Ruben Garcia, vice president of Pacific Bell's Hispanic Asian Market Group; History of Pacific Bell's services to customers in several languages; Future plans of Pacific Bell.