USC switches purchases to single-source vendor pact
- Project ISLA: A space/time/full-text/format search and retrieval system designed by end users. Hunt, Leta (Li); Wegner, Lucy S. // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Nov96, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p440
Discusses the role of end users (academic faculty from 14 academic departments representing the social sciences and humanities from the University of Southern California) in the design of a multi-format digital library project (ISLA) for the study of the Los Angeles region. Background of ISLA;...
- USC sports debuts Cyber, Sports Cafes. // Food Management;Dec99, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p13
Reports on the opening of Sports Cafe and Cyber Cafe in the campus of the University of Southern California. Menu offerings; Alternative use of the coffeehouses.
- USC Hospitality Services Toasts New Wine Club. // Food Management;Jun2000, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p20
Reports on the University of California's launch of its Merryvale Vineyard Profile Wine Club. Offering of free membership to the first 100 applicants; USC hospitality services' operation of the club; Opening of the club at the Davidson Executive Conference Center.
- Glory days again. Layden, Tim // Sports Illustrated;8/28/95, Vol. 83 Issue 9, p40
Focuses on the progress of the University of Southern California's football team. History of the team's victory highlights in national college football games; Information on key player Keyshawn Johnson; Remarks from the university's football players.
- USC Opens First Contracted Operation. // Food Management;Jun2010, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p16
The article announces that the University of Southern California (USC) Hospitality has opened the T-Rex Express Cafe, which is its first contracted food service operation located at the Natural History Museum in Los Angeles.
- The future bites. Steinberg, Don // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Nov95, Vol. 65 Issue 11, p132
Reports on University of Southern California Center for Craniofacial Molecular Biology's research work on growing teeth outside the body. Description of procedure researchers use.
- USC offers on-line electronic experts directory. // Communication World;Aug94, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p9
Announces the availability of the University of Southern California Experts Directory in electronic form via the Internet. Advantages of the on-line directory over other experts directories; Use of gopher information retrieval software to access the material.
- Tes...ros of the Web. Gonzalez, Enrique // Hispanic;Apr1998, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p72
Features the Web site of Los Angeles, California-based University of Southern California's Center for Multilingual Multicultural Research. Resources available; Links about scholarships and programs for minority teachers and students.
- USC scientists feed surplus rocket fuel to fungus... // Journal of Environmental Health;Nov1995, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p32
Reports on the use of fungus and bacteria to dispose of a dangerous Cold War legacy, tons of obsolete rocket fuel researched by the University of Southern California scientists. Process.