Michigan hospital debuts full-service branded unit
- Affiliation talks renew at Lansing hospitals. Barkholz, David // Crain's Detroit Business;12/09/96, Vol. 12 Issue 50, p19
Reports that in the face of competition from Columbia/HCA Healthcare Corporation, Sparrow Hospital & Health System and Saint Lawrence Hospital and Healthcare Services, two hospitals of Lansing, Michigan, are rekindling affiliation talks. Number of hospitals Columbia/HCA owns; Information on the...
- Meet Dennis A. Swan. // Profiles in Diversity Journal;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p31
An interview with Dennis A. Swan, president of Sparrow Hospital and Health System is presented. He states that there are more complex and diverse type of organizations. He cites that the hospital has a three-year diversity and inclusion strategy. He also mentions that the hospital uses internal...
- Mich. hospital's extra payments raise eyebrows. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;05/19/97, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p12
Reports that Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Michigan gave Sparrow Hospital, an extra $600 for every patient admitted from its Blue Care Network health maintenance organization. Reaction of Michigan Capital Medical Center, Sparrow's primary competitor to the arrangement; Details on the side...
- Regional favorites win sales. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p128
Presents information on some of the most popular meats which are chosen to prepare breakfasts in the United States, highlighting the breakfasts prepared at the Providence Health Center, Waco, Texas. Reference to the burritos which are made at the facility; Costs of the burritos; Information on...
- IN LONG BEACH, CA: Hospital dishes lighten up for summertime. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the changes in the Seaside Cafe menu at Long Beach Memorial Hospital in California to capitalize on customers who want lighter cold dishes and thirst-quenching beverages. Bottled beverages offered at the Cafe; Percentage of increase in beverage sales.
- Hospitals feeding patients healthier meals. // AHA News;04/14/97, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p5
Reveals that hospitals in the United States are offering healthier meals based on a survey by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
- Hospitals should know better. Liebman, Bonnie // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Mar97, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p6
Presents the nutritional content of the meals served in hospitals. Caloric content; Average amount of cholesterol; Average amount of fiber.
- Adding local favorites to the nonselect menu makes for pleasant patient stays. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/15/96, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p18
Reports on the implementation of the nonselect menu for patients in the Baptist Health Systems, Little Rock, Arkansas. Advantages of the system; Method use to satisfy the patients in foodservice; Response of the patients to the system.
- Foodservice at Boston hospitals gets top bill of health from magazine. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/25/96, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p23
Reports on the recognition of hospital foodservice in Boston, Massachusetts by `Boston' periodical. Provision of same menu for patients, staff and visitors at the self-operated foodservice at Brigham and Women's Hospital's Center for Women and Newborns; Room service as the rule at the...