Battening Down Hatches, Florida Seeks Hurricane-Bond Teams
- Florida's Citizens Plans Up to $2B Sale. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/27/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32886, p1
The article reports on the expectation of Florida's Citizens Property Insurance Corp. to hold a two-day pricing of $1.5 billion to $2 billion of fixed-rate, tax-exempt revenue bonds. Proceeds of the Series 2008A high-risk account bonds will provide liquidity if needed to pay claims. Investment...
- Wanted: Hurricane Liquidity. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/12/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32898, p1
The article reports on the plan of Citizens Property Insurance Corp. to sell up to $2 billion of one-year tax-exempt notes in Florida. The new plan includes the provision of liquidity for the current hurricane season through the Series 2008A-2 offering which will consist of uninsured notes with...
- Earlier Attempt to Depopulate Citizens. // National Underwriter / P&C;2/27/2012, Vol. 116 Issue 7, p22
The article reports on the implementation of depopulation policy against Citizens Property Insurance Corp. in Florida.
- Correction. // Bond Buyer;6/11/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33728, p2
A correction related to an article on Florida's Citizens Property Insurance Corp. that was published in the June 7, 2012 issue is presented.
- Fla.'s Citizens Property Insurance Beefs Up Bond Proceed Managers. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/1/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33459, p3
The article reports that Citizens Property Insurance Corp. has increased the number of outside managers it is using in investing bond proceeds and other funds in Florida.
- Florida's Citizens Buying Billions of Its ARS. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/28/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32825, p1
The article offers updates on the auctions of floating rate debt by Citizens Property Insurance Corp. in Bradenton, Florida. The state-run agency has aggressively participated in the auctions. As of February 25, 2008, it had bought about 44% of its outstanding $4.75 billion of taxable...
- Florida Insurer Sets $900M As Hurricane Season Nears. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/16/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33517, p1
The article reports on the plan of the Citizens Property Insurance Corp. to sell 900 million dollars in revenue bonds in Florida.
- Florida Citizens Internal Complaint Review Reveals Past Misconduct. // Property & Casualty 360;Mar2013, Vol. 117 Issue 3, p11
The article discusses the internal complaint review for Florida Citizens Property Insurance Corp. which yielded previous misconduct including discrimination, affiars, fraud, corruption and theft.
- FLORIDA: Citizens Gets New Member. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/24/2012, p7
The article announces the appointment of Don Glisson to the board of governors of Citizens Property Insurance Corp. in Florida.