Oklahoma Slashes Outlays to State Agencies by $61 Million in Third Cut This Year
- The dynamic impact of fundamental tax reform part 1: The basic model. Koenig, Evan F.; Huffman, Gregory W. // Economic Review (07321414);1998 1st Quarter, p24
Describes a framework for analyzing how the adoption of a flat-rate consumption tax could affect the economy in the United States over time. Discussion on the interest in fundamental tax reform; Possible results of the implementation of a flat-rate consumption tax; Overview of alternative tax...
- The dynamic impact of fundamental tax reform part 2: Extensions. Huffman, Gregory W.; Koenig, Evan F. // Economic Review (07321414);1998 2nd Quarter, p19
Examines the possible impact which the implementation of a consumption tax would have on economic conditions in the United States. Impact of consumption taxes on labor markets; Description of the U.S. economy; Effect of consumption taxes on economic growth; Analysis of statistical data.
- Taxing and spending politics: A Generational perspectives. MacManus, Susan A. // Journal of Politics;Aug95, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p607
Examines the existing myths about different age groups' taxing and spending preferences in the United States. Mobilization of changes in government taxing and spending policies of old and young age; Generational difference on taxes and government spending; Situations of taxing and spending...
- Moore economics. Moore, Des // IPA Review;Spring90, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p6
Opinion. Presents the author's view on the possibility of a move to a broad-based consumption tax by the Liberal Party of Australia. How the consumption tax announcement by the Liberal Party has raised very important question of priorities; What the government should consider as the number one...
- Why I support a consumption tax. Finkelstein, John M. // New Mexico Business Journal;Aug98, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p28
Argues for the adoption of consumption tax in the United States. Disadvantages of the proposed flat tax; Definition of income in the consumption tax case; Features and characteristics of consumption tax; Positive impact of consumption tax on investments.
- No on issue 3. // Crain's Cleveland Business;04/06/98, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p10
Opinion. States that Issue 3, which will boost Cuyahoga County in Ohio property tax receipts by 23.6 percent cannot be supported by the less fortunate of the stated County. Indepth look at the expenditure of the County's general fund; Examination of the welfare reform; Reference to terms...
- Leader. // Public Finance;11/29/96, p8
Discusses about autumn statement, condemned by spending from taxation in Great Britain. Information on Treasury Red Book; Capital value of private finance initiative projects.
- Could Harmonized Federal and State Consumption Taxes Work in the E-Commerce Age? Jurinski, James John // Journal of State Taxation;Fall2000, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p15
Discusses the impact of electronic commerce on a harmonized federal and state consumption tax system. National retail sales tax; Inclusion of exemptions or multiple tax rates to foster progressivity; Use of appropriate technology to reduce compliance burden on sellers.
- Senate Passes 2002 Spending Bill for Washington, D.C. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/8/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31261, p5
Reports on the approval of spending bill for the fiscal year 2002 by the U.S. Senate. Endorsement of a proposed multi-billion operating budget with the spending bill; Overview of the spending bill; Amendments made in the operating budget.