House Panel Leaders Push to Adjust Gas Tax for Inflation, Hike Funding
- Washington: Briefs. // Traffic World;2/22/99, Vol. 257 Issue 8, p16
Reports developments in the transportation industry in the United States. Selection of the Highway Trust Fund as a priority by the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee; Imposition of maintenance responsibilities on chassis owners by the Federal Highway Administration; Proposal to...
- House Transportation Bill Lines Up With Bush Budget Plan. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;2/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32069, p5
Reports on the introduction of a bill that would provide guaranteed funding for highway and transit construction and related safety initiatives by the U.S. House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee. Amount guaranteed in the financing plan; Statement of committee chairman Don Young...
- Highway Funding. // Construction Bulletin;1/2/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 1, p4
Reports on the Associated General Contractors of America joining the bipartisan leadership of the U.S. House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee. Support of a highway funding bill; Significant provision of the legislative bill; Worth of the highway project.
- House Transportation Chairman Offers $275B Bill. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;3/22/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31846, p4
Reports that the U.S. House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chairman Don Young has introduced legislation that would finance road construction, transit projects and related safety initiatives over six years. Plan for the bill to replace the Transportation Equity Act of 1998 (TEA);...
- Are Western railroads important? // Railway Age;Sep96, Vol. 197 Issue 9, p16
Points out that only one member of the US House Railroad Subcommittee is from the western region. Basis for the selection of subcommittee members.
- Boating issues find new congressional home. Griswold, Whit // Salt Water Sportsman;May95, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p42
Reports that the Congressional Transportation and Infrastructure Committee will oversee boating and related issues that had been under the jurisdiction of the Merchant Marine and Fisheries Committee. Bud Shuster as chairman of the committee; Howard Coble as chairman of subcommittee in charge of...
- It's pretty crowded up in the cab. // National Journal;4/05/97, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p643
Reports that the increase in the number of members at the US House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, the largest congressional panel ever, has meant the reduction in the number of seats allocated for public hearings. Need to turn away lobbyists during a public hearing.
- Controversial dam in California not to be built. // International Wildlife;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p6
Reports in 1996, that the United States House Transportation Committee has rejected an amendment that would authorized construction of the Auburn Dam, on California's American River. Cost of the dam; Opposition to the construction; Impact of the actions taken by the Committee.
- Young blasts Mack over Coconut Rd. Crabtree, Susan // Hill;5/1/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 50, p1
The article reports on the accusation of Representative Don Young on Representavive Connie Mack's involvement in the Coconut Road earmark project in Fort Myers, Florida. Young insisted that Mack has supported the $10 million inter-change project and has signified in one letter in March 2006....