IBO Leery Of N.Y. City TIF District
- San Francisco PUC Pushes $4.6B Package for Hetch Hetchy System. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;5/7/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31381, p40
Reports the pla to present voters on the bond measures by the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission, California. Creation of authority to issue bonds for repair payments; Emphasis on the delay of bond selling and award contracts to fix decrepit system; Discussion on the governance system...
- Iowa County Readies $45M for Arena Project. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/30/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31275, p56
Reports that Polk County, Iowa, plans to implement its alternative borrowing plan for an arena and renovated auditorium and exhibition hall with a competitive sale of $45 million of general obligation bonds. Reason why the plan for a bond issue by the county was postponed; Company selected to...
- Bonds to Burnish Dome. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/12/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33498, p7
The article reports on the fiscal budget bill drafted by Kansas Senate which proposes a bond-financed renovation of the statehouse in Topeka.
- Tulsa's Expo Square to Benefit From Second Debt Issue. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;9/4/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31216, p5
No abstract available.
- New Mexico Hospital District to Sell More GOs After Construction Costs Spike. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/15/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32467, p6
The article reports on the plan of the Artesia Special Hospital District to use proceeds from the competitive sale of $8 million in general obligation bonds to complete the renovation of an old hospital building in New Mexico. Proceeds from $20 million of general obligation bonds approved by...
- EI Paso Library Unveiled. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/24/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32493, p31
The article reports on the renovation of the El Paso Main Library which was funded by $9.6 million in proceeds from the city's $414 million of quality of life general obligation bonds by voters in 2000 in Texas. The renovated facility has a 250-seat auditorium, children's library and art...
- Colo. School District To Go Greener. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;2/27/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32576, p1
The article reports on the plan of Boulder Valley, Colorado School District RE-2 to take bids for $120 million of general obligation debt in February 27, 2007. The proceeds will be used to building renovations that increase energy efficiency and modernize aging structures across the northern...
- University of Cincinnati Readies Mixed $128M Deal. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;6/22/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33337, p5
The article reports on the move of the University of Cincinnati to price 128 million dollars debt including a mix of new-money and refunding tax-exempt bonds and taxable Build America Bonds for the renovation of the University's Medical Science Building in Ohio.
- Fast-Growing Broward Airport Stands to Benefit From Innovative Sale. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;03/06/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31090, p3
Reports the plan of Broward County commissioners to sell bonds to improve the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport. Implication of the proceeds for the financing of improvements at the airport; Use of innovative convertible lien financing; Opposition to the expansion plans.