Congressional Committee Members Lobbying for Higher Funding in 2004
- Calif. shelves right-to-die bill. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;7/8/2015, pA02
The article reports on the End of Life Option Act that passed California's Senate in June 2015 but stalled in a state Assembly committee amid lobbying by the Roman Catholic Church.
- USAA Turns to Base in Volcker Rule Fight. Hopkins, Cheyenne // American Banker;4/26/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 63, p4
The article discusses attempts by USAA Federal Savings Bank to encourage its customers to contact members of the U.S. Senate to urge them to exempt USAA from the Volcker Rule which bans proprietary trading.
- Suggestions For Its Revision. Galloway, George B. // Congressional Digest;May53, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p140
The article presents views of the author on the suggestions for the revision of the Federal Lobbying Act. Title III of the act requires persons whose principal paid activity is seeking to influence Federal legislation to register and file quarterly financial statements of receipts and...
- Lott Resignation Roils Mississippi, Leaves Senate GOP Leadership Opening. Gizzi, John // Human Events;12/3/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 41, p7
The article reports on the plan of Trent Lott to resign his seat as Senate Republican Whip. Lott became the sixth Republican Senator to say that he is living his office. It is believed that he is going to pursue a career in lobbying and will leave by January 1, 2008 to avoid new lobbying rules...
- Senate approves modified restrictions on tax-paid lobbying. // Human Events;11/24/95, Vol. 51 Issue 45, p22
Reports on the adoption by the United States Senate of a second-degree amendment to the Fiscal 1996 Continuing Resolution on November 9, 1995, regarding lobbying using federal grants. Issues raised by proponents and opponents; Number of votes passed.
- House rejects forcing media honoraria disclosure. // Human Events;12/15/95, Vol. 51 Issue 48, p23
Reports on the US House's rejection of Representative Jerry Weller's proposed amendment to the Lobbying Disclosure Act of 1995. Lobbying restrictions requirement; Expansion of the lobbying disclosure law.
- The Lobbying Activities of Organized Interests in Federal Judicial Nominations. Caldeira, Gregory A.; Hojnacki, Marie; Wright, John R. // Journal of Politics;Feb2000, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p51
Deals with a study which analyzed the patterns of advocacy using data from a survey of interest groups about their lobbying activities on federal nominations for judicial and related offices considered by the United States Senate from 1984 through 1991. Lobbying tactics employed by various...
- Senate Bill Tax Credit Replaces A/Es' Subsidy. Winston, Sherie; Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/24/2004, Vol. 252 Issue 21, p9
With passage of a tax and trade bill by the U.S. Senate, that provides a new tax deduction for some design firms working overseas, industry is shifting its lobbying to the House, hoping lawmakers there pass similar legislation by the end of the year. The Senate measure, approved 92-5 on May 11,...
- The Power of the Lobby. // America;10/12/1929, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p5
The author talks about lobbying in the U.S. political scene in 1929. According to the author, the U.S. Senate needs to sort out lobbyists so it can avoid some who are becoming detrimental. He states that despite the existence of the Congressional Library and the legislative reference service,...