Allete Looking at 'Other Buyers' for Florida Water Services
- Allete: Florida Water Deal Is On. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31685, p1
Reports on the plans of Allete Inc. to sell water and sewer systems owned by its subsidiary Florida Water Services Corp. Sale of the systems to counties and cities in Florida; Purchase of the system by issuance of tax-exempt bonds.
- Is the Florida Water Services Case a Muni Enron? Lissack, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/19/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31575, p6
Presents an opinion on formation of Florida Water Service Inc. by Allete Inc. to earn undue profits. Number of utility customers exploited by Florida Water Service Inc.; Charges against Florida Water Services; Alternative proposal to resolve the issue of Florida Water Services.
- Judge to Decide on Stay That's Blocking Florida Water Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31560, p4
Reports on possible judgement on a court stay involving Duluth, Minnesota-based public company Allete Inc. that will allow the company to sale its subsidiary Florida Water Services Corp. Particulars of lawsuits filed against the subsidiary sale ; Tallahassee, Florida attorney Michael Twomey's...
- Florida PSC Claims Jurisdiction in Utility Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/5/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31567, p1
Reports on the order given by Florida Public Service Commission to Florida Water Services Corp. for not selling its water and sewer systems until an application transferring the utility systems is submitted by the deadline. Plans of Florida Water Services Authority to issue revenue bonds for...
- Allete, Florida Municipalities Discussing Sale of Utilities. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/28/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31623, p40
Allete Inc. announced that it is considering individual sales of the water and sewer systems in 26 Florida counties owned by its subsidiary, Florida Water Services Corp., after meeting with four local governments that are prepared to sell tax-exempt bonds to buy the utilities in their...
- Florida Water Deal Still on Hold; Judge Sees Final Ruling by Friday. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31584, p1
Reports on the dispute regarding the sale of Florida Water Services Corp. Grant of temporary injunction on the issue by a circuit judge in Tallahassee, Florida; Plans of Florida Water Services Authority to market $527.8 million of revenue bonds; Opinions about the decision of temporary injunction.
- Florida Agency to Issue New Offer for 158 Utilities Around State. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/28/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31459, p3
Reports the revision of the price for the water and wastewater assets of Florida Water Service Corp. by the Florida Governmental Utility Authority. Details on the counteroffer for the purchase of Florida water; Controversy on the utility price negotiated by the agency; Indication on the...
- FLORIDA: Water Suit. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/24/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31498, p31
Reports on a suit filed by officials of Hernando County, Florida to stop the sale of Florida Water Services Corp.'s water and sewer plants to the Florida Water Services Authority (FWSA). Grounds for the claims; Reasons for wanting to stop the sale; Plan of FWSA to issue revenue bonds by the end...
- Florida Water Services Corp. Suit Alleges Citrus County Hindering Asset Sale. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/25/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31520, p4
Reports on filing of lawsuit in federal court by Florida Water Services Corp. against Florida county. Objective of the lawsuit; Consideration of federal lawsuit using antitrust laws.