NEWS IN BRIEF
- IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;11/27/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32761, p2
The article offers news brief involving the bond market in the U.S. The Chicago Fed National Activity Index for the month of October 2007 has increased from negative 0.73 to negative 0.30 reading in September. The Treasury Department announces its plan to auction $20 billion of two-year notes in...
- Treasury 4-Week Bills Go at 4.000% High Yield. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;9/12/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32711, p31
The article reports that the Treasury Department of the U.S. has auctioned $18 billion worth of four-week bills at a 4.000 percent yield and at a price of 99.688889. These bills have an issue date of September 13, 2007, and are due on October 11, 2007. The median yield was 3.870 percent, while...
- Munis Mostly Quiet, With Bits of Firmness. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/31/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33175, p2
The article focuses on the performance of the municipal market of the U.S. for the August 30, 2009 period. He says that the market remains unchanged despite the execution of some trading and transactions within it. On the other hand, he says that the Treasury department is marked with growth and...
- Treasury to Offer $27B 91-Days, $26B 182-Days. Yong Lim // Bond Buyer;8/29/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 92951, p2
The article announces that the U.S. Treasury Department will auction $27 billion of 91-day bills and $26 billion of 182-day discount bills on August 26, 2008. It notes that the 91s are dated September 2 and due in December 4, and the 182s are dated September 2 and due on March 5, 2009. Reports...
- Treasury Indexed 20-Yrs Go at 2.039% High Yield. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;1/25/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32305, p2
This article reports that on January 24, 2006, the U.S. Treasury Department sold $10 billion of inflation-indexed 20-year bonds at a 2.039% yield. The bid-to-cover ratio was 1.48. At the market-clearing yield, tenders were allotted 3.80%.
- Do Your Clients Have Unclaimed Savings Bonds? // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug2009, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p11
The article focuses on aspects of unclaimed matured bonds in the U.S. It notes that the Treasury Department's Bureau of Public Debt reported a 16 billion dollars worth of matured bonds that have not been claimed. It points out that 2009 is the final year that Series E saving bonds will gain...
- Treasury 4-Weeks Go at 1.68% Yield. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;4/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31362, p2
Reports on the auction of four-week bills by the U.S. Treasury Department. Value of the bid-to-cover ratio; Acceptance of all competitive tenders at the low rate in full; Percentage of allotment of tenders at the high rate; Date of issuance and due date of the bills.
- Treasury to Offer $30B of 91-Days, $30B of 182-Days. Siegel, Gary E. // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/13/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 30, p10
The article reports on the move of the U.S. Department of Treasury to auction 30 billion dollars of 182-day discount bills and 30 billion dollars of 91-day bills in August 2010.
- Treasury Auctions Its 4-Week Bills. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;12/27/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31292, p2
Reports on auction of multibillion dollar four-week bills by the U.S. Treasury department. Sales price of the bills; Bid-to-cover ratio for the bills; Issue and maturity date for the bills.