Merger Action in Dallas
- PlainsCapital to Buy First Southwest Co. Williamson, Richard; Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;11/12/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33002, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of First Southwest Co. by PlainsCapital Corp. in Dallas, Texas. It is stated that the acquisition will add $500 million to $700 million to the $3.4 billion of assets of PlainsCapital. The acquisition will keep the name of First Southwest as a broker-dealer...
- First Southwest to Acquire FleetBoston Financial Advisory Division. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;05/16/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31140, p3
Reports the plan of First Southwest Co. to acquire FleetBoston financial advisory division as part of the strategic alliance. Benefits of the alliance to both companies; Assets and services of FleetBoston; Municipalities served with financial advisory by First Southwest.
- Top 10 E-Mailed Stories. // Bond Buyer;11/17/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33005, p28
The article offers news briefs in the U.S. Goldman Sachs Group Inc. has made significant cuts in its municipal finance business. First Southwest Co. will be acquired by PlainsCapital Corp. in a private equity swap. According to an analysis by Moody's Investors Service Inc., nonprofit hospitals...
- Mississippi finance chief Ranck joins Dallas-based underwriter. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;09/14/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30725, p3
Reports on Friedman Luzzatto & Co.'s hiring of Mississippi's finance director Edward Ranck. Career history of Ranck; Achievements of Ranck.
- Southwest Securities Team Jumps to Samco After Merger. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;1/21/2015, Issue 34245, p1
Ten Texas financial advisors with Southwest Securities jumped to Samco Capital Markets after SWS was acquired by Hilltop Holdings Inc., the parent firm of First Southwest Co.
- First Southwest grows Texas-sized, looks past bond work's old borders. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;01/27/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30318, p1
Focuses on the expansion and diversification plan launched by First Southwest Co. Challenges faced by the company in launching the expansion plan; Comment by Hillel Feinberg, chief executive officer of the company; Issues made by the company as senior manager; Background to the company's...
- First Southwest Continues Reign as Regional Leader. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/30/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31563, p28
Reports that Dallas, Texas-based First Southwest Co. has been named the top financial adviser in the south-west region of the United States. Number of employees in the company; Brief profile of Decker Jackson, founder of the company; Number of bond deals performed by the company in 2002.
- New appointments for First Southwest. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;11/19/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30276, p8
Reports on appointments in First Southwest Co. Paul E. Schlosberg as president and chief operating officer; Jeffrey J. Walter as senior vice president of administration for public finance department; Scott O. Fertig as vice president and chief supervisory officer of compliance.
- Brownsville, Tex., Splits $100 Million Bond Issue Between Two Underwriters. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;02/12/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31075, p3
Reports that First Southwest Co. has decided to divide a 100 million dollar bond issue for the city of Brownsville, Texas. Structure of the bonds; Use of the proceeds from the bond issue.