Delivery--not as simple as A to B
- Designer Logistics. Cottrill, Ken // Traffic World;5/13/2002, Vol. 266 Issue 19, p16
Focuses on the application of business logistics ion furniture industry. Importance of logistics; Relevance of product delivery to customer service; Rate of product shipment.
- OPINION: SUPPLY & DEMAND. // Cabinet Maker;6/17/2011, Issue 5742, p12
In this article the author comments on the increasing trend of third party logistics in the furniture industry in Great Britain.
- Basic Supply Chain Management=Greater Profits. Dossenbach, Tom // Wood & Wood Products;Sep99, Vol. 104 Issue 10, p109
Suggests furniture manufacturers to develop solid partnerships with interested suppliers for greater profitability. What a state-of-the-art supply chain management (SCM) program covers; First step after defining a SCM requirements; Benefits from requesting just-in-time delivery from suppliers.
- Logistics will co-star at this market. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;4/15/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 32, p258
Comments on the role of logistics in the U.S. furniture show for the year 2002. Preparation of inventories among retailers; Advances of the housing market; Improvement of logistics among retailers.
- Coordination, communication key to managing supply chain. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;12/18/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p18
No abstract available.
- LOGISTICS FLEXIBILITY AS A BUSINESS STRATEGY FURNITURE INDUSTRY IN SPAIN. Maldonado-Guzmán, Gonzalo; Sánchez-Gutiérrez, José; Mejía-Trejo, Juan // European Journal of Management;2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p115
In a highly globalized market in which companies are currently developing, logistics appears as a business strategy applying various organizations to achieve competitive advantage and stay in the market. Market pressure to reduce the costs of goods and increasingly customized products and...
- Sealy ships FR to California. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;10/11/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p4
Reports on the shipment of Sealy Corp.'s fire-resistant bedding to retailers in California. Features of the fire-resistant bedding; Response of the companies to the implementation of a stringent new openflame mattress flammability standard; Plans of the company to open the first mattress burn...
- Tupelo: Learn about logistics. // Furniture/Today;8/15/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 48, p4
Presents the seminar co-hosted by the Tupelo market and Furniture/Today's Retail Ideas Division in Mississippi. Discussion of the growing impact of transportation and logistics on the furniture industry and trade; Presentation of the results of a proprietary survey of 250 retail operations;...
- Faster furniture. Saccomano, Ann // Traffic World;12/01/97, Vol. 252 Issue 9, p41
Describes business logistics strategies for furniture makers that want to reduce production processes. Increase in level of customization of furniture; Creation of `production metering' process by furniture maker Henry Miller; Advantages of using the process.