Mystery Shopper: Hornchurch
- Manchester. // Cabinet Maker;6/16/2006, Issue 5492, p26
The article describes a tour of furniture sores in Manchester, England, on the pretext of buying a table and a chair. The Cousins in Salford offers a wealth of choices. The saleswoman at Habitat discussed the advantages and disadvantages of leather and microfiber chairs. The Italian furniture at...
- City Mouse, Suburban Mouse. Graves, Pamela // Home Fashion & Furniture Trends;Oct2005, p3
The article describes the author's experience of encountering two types of customer service from a furniture store in Chicago, Illinois. The author narrated how she praised the efforts of the sales representative from the urban store.
- Kaleidoscope Partnership expands services. // Furniture/Today;4/30/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 33, p29
The article reports on the plan of the Kaleidoscope Partnership, a provider of sales training services to furniture retailers, to expand its services into the manufacturing sector in the U.S. The company's expanded services will include training sales representatives, holding focus groups with...
- Undercover in Guildford. // Cabinet Maker;3/26/2004, Issue 5381, p12
Reports on the sales techniques of furniture stores Sofa Works UK and Wesley-Barrell in South Wales. Sales approach of sales personnel in selling two-seater sofa; Product knowledge.
- Low-pressure selling vs. low-level selling skills. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Business Journal (Central New York);3/18/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p17
Relates the author's dissatisfaction with salespeople at some furniture stores. Suggestion on how to approach a customer; Claim that owners and managers of furniture stores should train their salespeople to offset overhead costs.
- Dixon's Furnishers. // Cabinet Maker;12/16/2005, Issue 5469, p47
The article features Dixon's Furnishers retail store in Great Britain. It offers classic furniture including chairs and tables, and a memory foam mattress for the beds. The sales personnel offer efficient delivery times, at reasonable prices and they are trained to give the best possible service...
- Furnitureland. // Cabinet Maker;12/08/2000, Issue 5217, p11
Reports on the selection of Furnitureland as winner of the mystery shopper evaluations made in Great Britain for the first week of December 2000. Friendly greeting from salesperson; Helpful questions from salesgirl concerning the purchasing of furniture; Knowledgeability of sales staff on...
- Penney looks to spur furniture sales. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;5/9/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 34, p6
The article reports that J.C. Penney Co. Inc. is expanding a test program of sales specialists working with furniture sales associates to all 163 of its furniture departments. The program follows similar ones developed for fine jewelry, family footwear and window coverings. The premise is to...
- Views. Adamson, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;5/26/2006, Issue 5489, p9
The article discusses the author's views on the quality and service offered by many retailers, food and clothing. The author shares the bad experience of five couples when buying furniture, and five stores that lost any chance of either repeat business or recommendations. The couples stated that...