- Dateline Washington. Coorsh, Richard // Consumers' Research Magazine;Jan1996, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p6
Reports that the caller identification telephone service may soon be available nationwide in the United States. Implementation of rules to encourage spread of the service.
- Calling all crooks. Leibson, Steven H. // EDN;8/17/95, Vol. 40 Issue 17, p9
Editorial. Discusses how the author's business telephone credit-card number was stolen because of the poor design of public pay telephones. Disadvantage of the easy-to-read displays of the pay telephone; Importance of keeping information secured.
- Hold the phone! Moore, Rodney J. // Marketing Tools;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p68
Focuses on Caller ID a device which provides adequate productivity and safety for businesses. Origin of Caller ID; Software options; When Caller ID was first introduced; Privacy issue; Comments from Vodavi's manager of marketing and strategic planning, Ron Pavlak.
- Caller ID technology a big advance for phone customers. Bracker, Bill // Inside Tucson Business;1/1/96, Vol. 5 Issue 40, p3
Presents questions and answers on Caller Identification (ID) service.
- Phone number shortage: Are the CLECs to blame? O'Keefe, Susan // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Sep98, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p12
Question whether competitive local exchange carriers are to blame for the shortage in telephone numbers. Comments from Ron Conners, director of the North American Numbering Plan administration; Reference to local number portability, which allows customers to keep their numbers when they switch...
- Control first, safety second. Davis, Stephania H. // Telephony;04/28/97, Vol. 232 Issue 17, p44
Reports on the history and development of Caller ID, a telephone service accessory, ten years after its initial sale. Statistics, concepts and applications.
- Do I know you? Tanner, John C. // Telecom Asia;Apr98, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p6
Discusses the disadvantages of the caller identification (ID) technology used in telecommunications. Anonymity provided by the telephone; Mistaken notion of the personalized service rendered by the caller ID; Possible alienation of customers and vendors to caller ID technology; Alleged...
- Caller ID dilemma. P.G.O'C. // Cortlandt Forum;10/25/97, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p97
Focuses on the issue of phone call privacy of physicians in light of caller ID technology. Physicians' obligation to return a patient's call; Having operator dial a call at additional cost to the physician as alternative.
- Make the call with Caller ID testing. Rowe, Martin // Test & Measurement World;Sep98, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p30
Provides information on testing caller identification (ID) service. Advantages of the caller ID service; Features of the service; Types of caller ID; Requirements for testing caller ID functions; Caller ID with call waiting; Data-link layer tests.