Seattle Monorail Project Puts Off $1B Sale to Tie Up Costs, Legislation
- Seattle Rail Debt Plan OK'd, Barely. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/21/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31518, p1
Reports on the approval of a plan to issue bonds to build a monorail system in the city. Details of the bond issue; Length of the monorail; Provision of funds for planning a second phase of the monorail system.
- Seattle Weighs $1.7B Bond-Backed Monorail Plan for November Vote. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;8/9/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31446, p4
Reports the bond-backed monorail plans of Seattle City Council in San Francisco, California. Renovation and expansion of the existing one-mile monorail system; Increment of funds for the lightrail system; Formulation of the monorail plans.
- Treasurer Urges Caution in Seattle Monorail Issue. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;3/20/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31597, p4
Reports that the Washington state treasurer Michael J. Murphy has recommended a scaled-down initial debt offerings to fund a monorail project in the state. Reasons for the move; Details of the project; Amount of funds required to fund the project.
- BONDS APPROVED FOR EXTENSION OF LAS VEGAS MONORAIL SYSTEM. Illia, Tony // ENR: Engineering News-Record;09/11/2000, Vol. 245 Issue 10, p20
Reports the approval of tax-free bonds for the construction of an extended monorail in Las Vegas, Nevada. Details on the monorail extension; Information on the construction costs; Addition of five stations to the project.
- All Aboard for $650 Million Las Vegas Strip Monorail Deal. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;09/14/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30975, p6
Focuses on the bond deal among investors and institutions to build a monorail in Las Vegas, Nevada. Details on the pricing of the tier loan; Notion on the risks in bond deals; Issuance of bonds by the Nevada Department of Business and Industry; Description of the monorail system.
- Future Remains Cloudy for Las Vegas' Beleaguered Monorail. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;10/29/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32000, p5
Reports that no restart date is set for the beleaguered Las Vegas Monorail which was shut down when a metal chunk fell off a moving train. Concern on the possible consequence of an extended closure; Closure after service resumed following a six-day shutdown; Issuance of the bonds in 2000 through...
- U.S. Voters Decide Myriad Fiscal Matters. Shields, Yvette; Albanese, Elizabeth; Carvlin, Elizabeth; DeSue, Tedra; Kelemen, Jasmina; O'Brien, Elizabeth; Saskal, Rich; Sigo, Shelly; Watts, Jim; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32004, p1
Reports on public finance-related measures in the November 2004 elections throughout the U.S. Impact of the bond disclosure and pensions problems in San Diego, California, on the outcome of the mayoralty election; Voting on a measure related to a monorail project in Seattle, Washington; Vote for...
- On Pins and Needles. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/1/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32166, p1
Reports on the approval of the plan to build a 14-mile elevated urban monorail despite criticisms in Seattle, Washington. Concern of the public over the terms for bond financing; Question of critics on the need for extended financing and the possibility that non-investment-grade debt may be...
- Seattle Monorail Agency Begins Retrenchment to Rescue Project. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;7/22/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32180, p3
Reports that the board officials of the Seattle Monorail Project in Seattle, Washington are bringing in independent financial analysts to review all of the planning assumptions behind its now-scrapped bond finance plan. Legal uncertainties surrounding the project; Features of the bond finance...