Municipal Bond Yields Fall One to Two Basis Points as Treasuries Rise
- Municipals Ebb as Treasuries Fall; Jacksonville, Fla., Sells $211 Million. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p2
Reports on the performance of municipal bonds and treasury bills in the U.S. bond market as on February 5, 2003. New-issue sales of Jacksonville, Florida; Non-manufacturing index of the Institute for Supply Management; Bid for municipal bonds in the bond market.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;8/28/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31212, p37
Presents charts and graphs depicting bond market statistics in the United States as of 2001. Amount of estimated and actual negotiated bonds for the weekly schedule; Municipal bond indexes for the daily schedule; Bidding prices for the treasuring bills and notes.
- Municipal Yields Up to 10 Basis Points as Treasuries Tumble; Fla. Schools Price. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/22/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31682, p2
Reports on developments in the U.S. bond market on July 21, 2003. Percentage increase in the yield of municipal bonds; Implications of an increase in the yield of cash bonds on treasury bills; Factors affecting the performance of long-dated municipal bonds.
- Futures Markets. // Bond Buyer;11/9/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31262, p38
Forecasts the municipal bond index and treasury bonds market in the U.S. during the months of December 2001, March and June 2002 as of November 9, 2001. Estimation for the trading for the number of contracts; Number of contracts traded for municipal bonds on November 7, 2001; Open interest for...
- Muni Yields Fall 3 to 4 Basis Points; Treasuries Rise Over War Reports. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;3/25/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31600, p2
Municipal bond yields fell between three and four basis points on March 24, 2003, while underwriters brought to market an 88 million dollar Portland, Oregon sewer system revenue and refunding bond loan.Performance of treasury bills in the bond market is being discussed in the light of war with...
- Munis Ease as Treasury Losses Bring Out Arbitrage Sellers. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;1/20/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32302, p2
The article reports on developments in the municipal bonds market in the U.S. Traders confirmed that municipal bond yields increased by one and three basis points. Large sellers prevailed in the market which discouraged buyers. The heavy selling was due to the supply and demand imbalances in the...
- Muni Bids Lowered After Treasury Auction. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;1/26/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32306, p2
The article reports on the performance of municipal bonds in the United States as of January 26, 2006. There was low demand for 22 billion dollar auction of Treasury bills. Due to this municipal bond market investors adjusted their bids and offerings. Municipal bond yield rose three to five...
- Municipals Mark Moribund Monday Ahead of New Bond Issues, New Data. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;4/23/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31371, p2
Reports bond market developments in the U.S. as of April 2002. Status of municipal bonds after market participants logged a second straight moribund trading session; Performance of Treasury bills; Observation on secondary market trading.
- Munis Flat as 10-Years Match Record Low. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/10/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33364, p2
The article reports on the market performance of the municipal bonds in the U.S. On August 9, 2010, the municipal market was mostly flat amid light to moderate secondary trading activity. The Treasury bill market showed some losses, as the benchmark 10-year note was quoted near the end of the...