Disentangling the 'whys' from the 'whats' of aggressive behaviour
- Tv bashed. // Better Nutrition;Jul2002, Vol. 64 Issue 7, p20
Reports the relationship of television viewing in adolescence to violent behavior in the U.S. Effects of media violence on behavior; Adoption of aggressive behavior; Factors affecting the conduct of teen-ager.
- URBAN LEGENDS. TIMPSON, ANT // Metro (NZ);Mar2011, Issue 351, p138
The article offers information on the growing aggression among teenagers in New Zealand.
- Title List. // Youth with Eating Disorders: When Food Is an Enemy;2008, p2
A list of books related to youth with mental, physical and social challenges is presented which include "Youth Coping with Teen Pregnancy: Growing Up Fast," "Youth Who Are Gifted: Integrating Talents and Intelligence" and "Youth with Aggression Issues: Bullying and Violence."
- Risk Factors and Behaviors Associated With Adolescent Violence and Aggression. Valois, Robert F.; MacDonald, John M.; Bretous, Lena; Fischer, Megan A.; Drane, J. Wanzer // American Journal of Health Behavior;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p454
Objective: To explore risk factors and behaviors associated with aggressive and violent behaviors among adolescents. Methods: A comprehensive review of research literature from various disciplines associated with improving the health and well-being of adolescents. Results: Risk factors and...
- Aggression and violence by school-age children and youth:... Myles, Brenda Smith; Simpson, Richard L. // Intervention in School & Clinic;May98, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p259
Discusses issues on student aggression and violence in the United States. Information on the national survey conducted by pollster Louis Harris for the Harvard University School of Public Health; Possible reasons for increased student aggression and violence; Behavioral pattern exhibited by...
- Developing anger and aggression control in youth in... Mundy, Jean // Parks & Recreation;Mar97, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p62
Focuses on developing anger and aggression control programs in the public park and recreation systems for youths. What aggressive youths are skilled in; Examples of anger and aggressive control program content; Social skills for development in recreation and park settings.
- If this were my client, I would... Lupton, Chester G. // Psychotherapy Letter;Mar95, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p6
Presents a case study of a teenage male who was referred for treatment by his mother for exhibiting aggressive behavior towards peers and family members. Family background; Problem of sexual abuse in other family members; Subject as a thoroughly therapized individual.
- Research: Massage Therapy Benefits Aggressive Adolescents. // Massage Magazine;May/Jun2003, Issue 103, p126
Details the result of the study on impact of massage therapy on less aggressive attitude among adolescents. Use of the 10-item Aggression Questionnaire during the study; Correlation of anxiety to aggressive behavior; Effects of aggressive behavior on social interactions.
- Adolescent affective aggression: An intervention model. Wells, Don; Miller, Mark J. // Adolescence;Winter93, Vol. 28 Issue 112, p781
Discusses an affective aggression model to form interventions that alter adolescent aggression. Statistics of aggressive behavior; R.G. Geen's theoretical model as basis; Functional affective aggression model; Interventions with model as basis.