Losartan was more effective than atenolol for isolated systolic hypertension and left ventricular hypertrophy
- Metabolic consequences of atenolol and propranolol in treatment of essential hypertension. Day, J.L.; Simpson, N.; Metcalfe, J.; Page, R.L. // British Medical Journal;1/13/1979, Vol. 1 Issue 6156, p77
Examines the metabolic consequences of atenolol and propranolol in treatment of essential hypertension. Observation on the increase of basal plasma triglyceride concentration; Description on the changes in triglyceride concentration; Decrease of basal free fatty acid concentrations.
- Atenolol and bendrofluazide in hypertension. Petrie, J.C.; Galloway, D.B.; Webster, J.; Simpson, W.T.; Lewis, J.A. // British Medical Journal;10/18/1975, Vol. 4 Issue 5989, p133
Examines the efficacy of atenolol and bendrofluazide in treating hypertension. Reduction in all blood pressure levels; Absence of significant postural or postexercise hypotension; Effect of the drug on the hematological or biochemical indices.
- HYPERTENSION: Î² 3-BLOCKER PHARMACOKINETICS. // Monthly Prescribing Reference;Jan2014, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p32
A table is presented listing various drugs used for the treatment of hypertension including acebutolol, betaxolol and labetalol.
- The Lifetime Cost Effectiveness of Amlodipine-Based Therapy Plus Atorvastatin Compared with Atenolol Plus Atorvastatin, Amlodipine-Based Therapy Alone and Atenolol-Based Therapy Alone. Lindgren, Peter; Buxton, Martin; Kahan, Thomas; Poulter, Neil R.; Dahlöf, Björn; Sever, Peter S.; Wedel, Hans; Jönsson, Bengt // PharmacoEconomics;2009, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p221
Background: ASCOT (Anglo-Scandinavian Cardiac Outcomes Trial) showed in hypertensive patients that blood pressure-lowering treatment with an amlodipine-based regimen reduces events compared with an atenolol-based regimen and that atorvastatin was more effective than placebo. Objective: To assess...
- Beta-Blockers for the Treatment of Essential Hypertension: What are the Arguments Against Their Use as First Line Therapy? Burnier, Michel; Bullani, Roberto; Vogt, Bruno // Current Hypertension Reviews;2007, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p15
Beta-blockers are recommended as first line therapy in the treatment of essential hypertension since several decades and this recommendation has been endorsed by most if not all national and international guideline committees. Some concerns about their efficacy in elderly hypertensive patients...
- Supervised atenolol therapy in the management of hemodialysis hypertension. Agarwal, Rajiv // Kidney International;Apr1999, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p1528
Supervised atenolol therapy in the management of hemodialysis hypertension. Background. Uncontrolled hypertension continues to be a common problem, particularly in noncompliant hemodialysis patients. Atenolol, a water soluble Î²-blocker has a prolonged half-life in renal failure and may serve...
- Renal function tests in hypertensive patients using atenolo. Bashi, Ahmed Yahya Dallal; Arafat, Batool Mohammed Ali // Tikrit Medical Journal;2012, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p37
Hypertension is strongly associated with functional and structural abnormalities that damage the kidneys, and other organs and lead to premature morbidity and death. This research is to study the renal function tests in hypertensive patients using Atenolol and comparing the results with that in...
- Arterial narrowing found in study of Benicar. // Cardiovascular Devices & Drugs;Jun2008, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p10
The article discusses a study efficiency of the hypertension treatment olmesartan medoxomil in reversing the narrowing of artiers in patients with hypertension. It shows that the difference between olmesartan medoxomil-treated and atenolol-treated patients was significant. In addition,...
- A comparative study of nebivolol and (S) atenolol on blood pressure and heart rate on essential hypertensive patients. Sahana, G. N.; Sarala, N.; Kumar, T. N.; Lakshmaiah, V. // Indian Journal of Pharmacology;Dec2010, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p401
Objectives: To study the effect of nebivolol 5 mg once daily versus (S)-atenolol 25 mg once daily in patients with essential hypertension. Materials and Methods: A prospective study was conducted at RLJH and Research Centre which included 30 patients in each group with essential hypertension....