Chat Literacy: Reflection on approaches and methodology towards setting up a community of practice on information capability in an international context
- Workplace Information Literacy. Bober, Chris // Education Libraries;Winter2011, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p32
The article presents several internet resources about workplace information literacy including the research report "Information and Communication Technology Literacy: What Do Businesses Expect and What Do Business Schools Teach?," located at http://www.ets.org/Media/Research/pdf/RR-10-17.pdf,...
- Information Literacy Online. // School Librarian's Workshop;Feb/Mar2011, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p21
The article previews two information literacy web sites including TRAILS, available at http://www.trails-9.org, and Institute for Library & Information Literacy Education (ILILE), available at http://www.ilile.org.
- AN EXPLORATORY STUDY OF STUDENT PERCEPTIONS OF MEDIA ARTICLES IN THE MAINSTREAM. Rebman, Carl; Kelly, Debra; Custin, Richard; Book, Queen // Issues in Information Systems;2015, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p124
The Internet has provided a large opportunity for an abundance of information to be produced and available with very little cost. One of the downsides of this 'free' information is the credibility and legitimacy of the facts and the news source. One important goal of academia is to ensure that...
- Research Ready. Vnuk, Rebecca // Booklist;7/1/2013, Vol. 109 Issue 21, p56
The article reviews the online research platform ResearchReady, located at www.researchready.com, developed by information literacy solutions company Imagine Easy Solutions.
- Web Sites on Literacies for 21st-Century Learning. Byerly, Greg // School Library Monthly;May2010, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p33
The article reviews several web sites on literacy located at http://projectinfolit.org/, http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/ divs/acrl/issues/infolit/index.cfm and http://www.trails-9.org/.
- Digital Literacy. Kahn, Elizabeth // Library Media Connection;Oct2013, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p96
The article reviews the website Digital Literacy, located at digitalliteracy.rosendigital.com, which offers instructions for using digital resources and information on issues such as cyberbullying.
- The Readability of Information Literacy Content on Academic Library Web Sites. Lim, Adriene // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Jul2010, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p296
This article reports on a study addressing the readability of content on academic libraries' Web sites, specifically content intended to improve users' information literacy skills. Results call for recognition of readability as an evaluative component of text in order to better meet the needs of...
- Digital Literacy Resources. Woods, Dawn // School Librarian;Winter2014, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p211
A website review is presented for Digital Literacy, developed by the South West Grid for Learning, and located at www.digital-literacy.org.uk.
- Require Your Students to Use Citation Software. Orlando, John // Online Classroom;Sep2014, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p4
The article evaluates several websites including Zotero at www.zotero.org, EasyBib Bibliography Creator at www.easybib.com. and PRoQuest Flow at www.proquest.com/products-services/flow-html.