City hopes for publicity landslide
- Media stars outshine their sources. Wildavsky, Ben // National Journal;8/31/96, Vol. 28 Issue 35, p1864
Features the experiences of journalists during political conventions in the United States. Signing of autographs; Interviews with delegates; Difficulties experienced when taking convention coverages.
- THE DEMOCRATS, INC. Lewis, Michael // New Republic;9/16/96-9/23/96, Vol. 215 Issue 12/13, p22
Highlights the 1996 Democratic Party national convention at the United Center in Chicago, Illinois. Result of an interview with U.S. Vice President Al Gore; Objective of journalists in covering the convention; Description of Richard Gephardt's speech before delegates; Samples of opening lines...
- JOURNALISM JOKE OF THE MONTH. // Quill;Sep2005, Vol. 93 Issue 7, p6
This section presents a joke involving an editor, a photographer, and a reporter covering a political convention in Miami, Florida.
- Adages. Atkinson, Claire; Teinowitz, Ira; Linnett, Richard // Advertising Age;9/6/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 36, p24
Presents information on the Republican Convention covered by CNN television network at the Tick Tock Diner in New York City in September 2004. Breakfast menu served at the convention; Designers of the CNN Diner; Anchors who attended the convention; Entertainers who attended the convention.
- How the Left Can Win. Conniff, Ruth // Progressive;Aug2005, Vol. 69 Issue 8, p12
This article reports that Byron York, the White House correspondent for the "National Review," haunted the Campaign for America's Future "Take Back America" conference at the Washington Hilton in June 2005. York's view of the conference was a characteristic mix of eye-rolling sarcasm and pretty...
- Two Mr. Lonelys Find Company in Internet Alley. Zaneski, Cyril T. // National Journal;8/05/2000, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p2562
No abstract available.
- USA. Wood, Daniel B. // Christian Science Monitor;8/14/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 184, p2
Presents a journalist's anecdotal account of the United States Democratic Party's 2000 National Convention in Los Angeles, California. Number of police officers and other security officials on duty due to possible protests; Concerns related to civil rights; Comparison to previous political...
- USA. Wood, Daniel B. // Christian Science Monitor;8/15/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 185, p2
Presents a journalist's anecdotal account of the United States Democratic Party's 2000 National Convention in Los Angeles, California. Design of the Staples Center where the convention is being held; Use of elaborate sets intended to enhance the appearance of speakers and attendants;...
- Spotlight On...David Bohrman, CNN Washington Bureau Chief. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;9/13/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 32, p32
Profiles CNN Washington bureau chief David Bohrman. Participation in the Democratic and Republican National Conventions in the U.S. in 2004; Background in journalism.