New York Area's Largest Hospitals
- Psychiatric hospital ownership and performance: A comparison of costs by ownership. Mark, Tami L. // Atlantic Economic Journal;Mar1994, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p82
Examines whether there are systematic differences in operating expenses between for-profit and private nonprofit psychiatric hospitals in California. Estimation of cost function using total operating expenses as the dependent variable; Measurement of quality of care.
- Survey shows steady growth in hospitals' drug expenses. Scott, Lisa // Modern Healthcare;6/19/95, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p80
Reports on the findings of a survey by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists on hospital pharmacy expenses per occupied bed in 1994. Efforts to control costs using formularies and automated drug dispensing systems; Increase in expenses as compared to data taken since 1987; Factors...
- Accommodation in Bulgaria - 2013: COSTS. // SeeNews Research & Profiles (Industry Profiles);2015, p12
The article analyzes the costs incurred by companies in the accommodation industry in Bulgaria in 2013 with topics including total annual expenses, total operating costs, and top companies by size of costs such as Pro EAD, RPV OOD and AKPS EOOD.
- capital allocation. Clarke, Richard L.; Wolfert, Rick // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Oct2003, Vol. 57 Issue 10, p58
Talks about financial funding for the business operations of hospitals in the U.S. Factors that contribute to the deficiency in the financial funds of hospitals; Investments made by hospitals on projects that do not yield immediate return of investments; Key to effective capital allocation for...
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY. Chambers, Heather // San Diego Business Journal;7/20/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p21
The article reports on the Business Journal's new hospitals list ranked by operating expenses in 2008 according to the office of Statewide Health Planning and Development in San Diego, California. It states that the list shows how the cost of running a facility is on the rise. Only two of the 20...
- supply costs for U.S. hospitals show substantial three-year rise. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Aug2005, Vol. 59 Issue 8, p130
Focuses on the percentage of total operating expenses for U.S. hospitals. Determination of patient chargeable and department consumable supplies for all cost centers; Number of operating beds and teaching status; Determination of salary expense.
- Rising tab for unpaid care hits hospitals hard. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/24/2006, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p3B
The article focuses on the loss incurred by John T. Mather Memorial Hospital in New York. The hospital has loss about 2.5 million dollars from operations in 2004 and roughly 1 million dollars in 2005. Mather Memorial is projecting a 2 million dollars loss for 2006. According to a report, such...
- Lean management generates substantial pharmacy savings. Gebhart, Fred // Drug Topics;Oct2010, Vol. 154 Issue 10, p43
The article focuses on the lean management on the medication administration of Elkhart General Hospital in Elkhart, Indiana. It mentions that the hospital aims to increase the value of the stream that focuses on patients use of a system called total value management. It also states that the...
- Regional News: NORTHEAST. // Modern Healthcare;3/19/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p24
The article presents updates on hospitals in the Northeast U.S. It was found that New York City hospitals did not lose market share of nonresident patients seeking complex specialty despite of the decision of suburban hospitals to expand technologies. Virtua West Jersey Hospital-Marlton has...