Utah Legislature Ends Session With $7.3 Billion Budget, Cash for Charters
- Brother John makes his play. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;4/29/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p1
Reports on the scheduling of quarterly meetings of commissioner John Daley from the Cook County Board Finance Committee in Cook County, Illinois. Examination of budget spending and revenue; Standardization of operating procedure; Improvement of the county government.
- AIN'T WE GOT FUN? Crawford, Tom // Georgia Trend;Jun2007, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p130
The article reports on the adjournment of this year's regular session of the General Assembly in Georgia. It is stated that lawmakers had problems in accomplishing the basic task of adoption of a state budget. It is mentioned that during the session, lawmakers did not consider important issues,...
- Shortfall, Unresolved Bond Bills Lead Alaska to Extend Session. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;5/16/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31388, p35
No abstract available.
- Weekly PQs. // EPM Weekly Bulletin;9/15/2003, Issue 144, p60
The article reports on written parliamentary questions on education from the Scottish Parliament. It is reported that the member of the Parliament Margaret Ewing asks the Scottish executive about proportion of the education budget for 2003-04 allocated to children with any form of special needs....
- Our Capital Outlay System Works. Varela, Luciano; Altamirano, Ben // New Mexico Business Journal;Oct2001, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p8
Discusses how the New Mexico legislature distributes capital outlay funding. Criticism by the Association of Commerce and Industry on the process of distributing capital funds; State government agencies considered by the legislature; Amount of the construction and equipment package given by the...
- Senate Rejects Democrats' Alternate Budget Proposal. // Human Events;05/05/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 16, p23
Reports on the rejection by the United States Senate of an amendment to the fiscal year 2001 budget resolution. Sponsor of the amendment; Comments from legislators; Vote on the amendment proposal.
- Scant New Spending Seen in Virginia's FY 2006 Budget. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/16/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32031, p30
The article gives information about proposed amendments to Virginia's $60 billion fiscal 2005-06 biennial budget that Governor Mark R. Warner is scheduled to unveil soon. The amendments are unlikely to include much new spending or debt issuance, his chief spokeswoman suggested earlier this week....
- Whose Reviews? // Government Executive;7/1/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p10
This article focuses on planning and reviewing of programs. Henry Waxman offered an amendment requiring the program reviews be done by the agencies rather than Office of Management and Budget (OMB). Waxman and other Democrats said OMB in some cases actually knows relatively little about many...
- Looked-after Children. Coryton, Demitri; Hargreaves, Arabella; Marshall, Michael; Waterman, Chris // Children's Services Parliamentary Monitor;Jul2009, Issue 33, p557
The article focuses on the debate surrounding the budget proposal by Barry Sheerman in the House of Common of Great Britain in July 2009. The debacle resulted from a report on children by B. Sheerman, Chairman of Children, Schools and Families Committee. The report presented details of...