Airports Ask for Federal Aid to Pay for Reconfigured Explosives Detectors
- Changes in federal aid to states and local governments: 1975-93. // Health Care Financing Review;1995 Supplement, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p140
Presents statistics on the distribution of federal aid to states and local governments in the United States in 1975 to 1993. Types of aid with the greatest proportional decrease; Increase in federal aid for housing and urban development; Decrease in family support payments as a proportion of...
- Journal abstracts. // Social Security Bulletin;Summer96, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p77
Presents an abstract of the article `Modelling the Take-Up of State Support,' by Jean-Yves Duelos from the Volume 58, Number 3, 1995 issue of the `Journal of Public Economics.'
- Where federal dollars go. // U.S. News & World Report;8/12/96, Vol. 121 Issue 6, p14
Presents a map indicating per capita federal expenditures in fiscal 1995, by county.
- Report shows disparity in federal spending for states. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;09/02/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30470, p4
Reports that states in the South and West United States received more in funds back from the United States federal government than they paid in taxes in 1997, according to a Northeast Midwest Institute study. Ranking among the 50 states; Political controversy in trying to determine a fair...
- Time to invest in national manufacturing policy. Brown, Sherrod // Hill;9/11/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 101, p20
The article offers the author's insight on the significance of investing a national manufacturing policy for driving innovation and creating economic prosperity of workers in the U.S.
- Washington report. Jackson, Raynard // National Minority Politics;Feb95, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p29
Reports on President Bill Clinton's launching of a federal program for the economic development of urban and rural America in December 1994. Availability of $3.5 billion for economic programs in depressed areas; Areas which will receive large amounts of funding; Selection of the recipient-areas.
- Federal-aid sanctions imposed. // Public Roads;Winter94, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p40
Reports that federal-aid withholding sanctions affecting funds for the National Highway System, Surface Transportation Program and Interstate Construction and Maintenance as specified in 23 U.S. Code 159 have been imposed against 11 states that are not in compliance.
- Water from federal tap trickles down the drain. West, Woody // Insight on the News;02/09/98, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p48
Opinion. Argues that residents of local communities in the United States have a price to pay for programs introduced by the federal government. How the Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) program introduced by the Bill Clinton administration is an example of this; Negative effect which...
- Nostalgia for half-hearted programs. // Dollars & Sense;Jan/Feb97, Issue 209, p5
Reports on the effectiveness of government programs in assisting the poor in the United States as of 1995. Number of children removed from poverty due to increased government spending from 1983 to 1995.