Official: Low-Income Housing Market Anxious About Bush Plan
- Message from the President. Rempel, Randy // Corridor Business Journal;May2013 Builders News, p2
The author addresses key issues relating to the housing market in Iowa, including the industry's positive outlook for 2013, the various legislative bills affecting the market, and the holding of the Parade of Homes from July 1 to 9, 2013.
- The Record of the House. // New Republic;8/2/43, Vol. 109 Issue 5, p158
Presents a statistical information on voting of the U.S. Senators on various legislative bills presented in the U.S. House in the year 1943. Details of the various legislative bills presented in the House; Information on the Smith-Connally anti-strike bill; Report on the bill for liquidation of...
- The Regulation of Mortgage and Home Loans within the European Union. K�nig, Christian // Housing Finance International;Jun2007, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p42
The article provides a diagnosis on the European Commission's efforts to build a harmonized market on mortgage credit across the European Union (EU). It discusses the proposed legislation for the mortgage credit sector within the EU which could have a substantial impact on the EU member states,...
- Uncommon Sense. // National Mortgage News;8/1/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 44, p4
Focuses on the author's views and insights about the uncommon good sense showed by the Senate Appropriations Subcommittee when it struck down deep cuts in fiscal 2006 Native American Housing Assistance and Self-Determination Act of 1996 (NAHASDA) in the U.S. Effect the Draconian cuts in NAHASDA...
- Democrats Irk Lenders with Additional 'Stimulus' Proposal. Collins, Brian // National Mortgage News;2/25/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 21, p3
The article reports on the second stimulus bill, the Foreclosure Prevention Act (S. 2636) drafted by Senate Democrats in the U.S. The legislation provides $4 billion in Community Development Block Grants that can be used by the cities to purchase and rehabilitate foreclosed properties. Further,...
- Bill Aims to Spur Housing. Wack, Kevin // National Mortgage News;8/29/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 47, p6
The article reports on the plan of Democratic Representative Gary Ackerman from New York to introduce the legislation directed to improve the housing market in the U.S. by offering two new services to home buyers including a 20,000 dollars subsidy and a 10-year tax exemption on rental income.
- MIDWEST BLOCK'S WILHELMS COVERS HOUSING MARKET, MASONRY CHECK-OFF ON CAPITOL HILL. // Concrete Products;Jul2013, Vol. 116 Issue 7, p6
In this article, Mark Wilhelms, vice president of architectural sales at the supplier of construction material Midwest Block & Brick Inc., states that a healthy housing market increase employment levels and gross domestic product and urges to support the HR 1563 legislative bill in the U.S.
- Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields . // Bond Buyer;1/24/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31310, p33
Presents bond market statistics related to tax-exempt yields in the U.S. for January 2001-02. Note bonds for 2001-2002; Money market municipal index of Lehman Brothers; Note bonds index of Bond Buyer.
- Snow Says Dividend 'Accommodation' Will Be Found. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;3/10/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 10, p26
Reports on the statement of U.S. treasury department secretary John Snow that the federal government will find an accommodation with the insurance industry on the issue of tax-free dividends. Proposal to eliminate taxation of corporate dividends; Importance of the insurance industry to the U.S....