Senators Bond, Mikulski Blast Bush HUD Budget Blueprint
- Letter to the Speaker of the House of Representatives Requesting Additional Emergency FY 2005 Supplemental Funds. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;9/12/2005, Vol. 41 Issue 36, p1361
Presents the text of a letter sent by U.S. President George W. Bush to the Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives regarding additional emergency supplement funds on September 7, 2005. Provisions of the Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act to Meet Immediate Needs Arising From the...
- PRESIDENT RELEASES FY 2007 BUDGETâ€¦. // NCADD Washington Report;Feb2006, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p1
This article focuses on the release of the financial year 2007 budget by U.S. President George W. Bush. The budget includes $12.3 million cut in funding for center for Substance Abuse Prevention to $180.6 million, Center for Substance Abuse Treatment would receive $175.4, decrease of $23.5...
- Remarks to the Chamber of Commerce in Portland. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;3/26/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p495
Presents the text of a speech given by United States President George W. Bush on March 23, 2001 which deals with the national budget.
- Memorandum on Transfer of Funds Appropriated to the President Under the Heading Operating Expenses of the Coalition Provisional Authority, and Delegation of the Functions of the President Under the Heading Iraq Relief and Reconstruction Fund, in the... Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;12/15/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 50, p1766
Presents the text of a memorandum issued by U.S. President George W. Bush on December 5, 2003, which deals with the transfer of funds appropriated to the President under the Heading Operating Expenses of the Coalition Provisional Authority in 2004.
- Tax fraud. // Commonweal;4/11/2003, Vol. 130 Issue 7, p5
Focuses on the budget proposed by U.S. President George W. Bush for fiscal year 2004. Overview of the tax plans of the president; Reason behind the effort of Bush to led the nation into war with Iraq; Belief of Bush on the solution to the economic malaise in the country.
- Saving Amtrak again. Lockhart, Lee // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;3/11/2005, Issue 323372, p22
Comments on the impact of the proposed 2006 budget of U.S. President George W. Bush which aims to reduce the funding on Amtrak, the country's passenger rail service, on the rail transportation in California. Need for the state to function with a reduced funding from the federal government;...
- Bush's State of the Union Proposals. // Human Events;2/4/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p7
Presents a list of the State of the Union proposals of United States President George W. Bush in 2002. Estimates of the National Taxpayers Union for the federal budget; Security and non-security related proposals.
- Basic Math. Peters, Katherine McIntire // Government Executive;Mar2007, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p22
The article focuses on issues related to U.S. President George W. Bush administration's $2.9 trillion budget request to fund federal operations in 2008. The White House promises to balance the budget in five years, increasing research into alternative fuels, expand military ground forces and pay...
- Remarks Following a Meeting With the House Republican Conference and an Exchange With Reporters. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;6/25/2007, Vol. 43 Issue 25, p835
The article focuses on the remarks delivered by U.S. President George W. Bush following a meeting with the House Republican conference and an exchange with reporters on June 20, 2007. Bush has noted that there has been an alternative budget presented in the Congress by the Democrats which will...